Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just installed MM dual Eletric fans, they are enclosed in an aluminum shroud that fits flush to radiator, the problem is with the shroud the coolant expansion tank has no where to sit so i have to either relocate or find a smaller expansion tank. Idk if anyone has dealt with this problem and has advice or if any one has any smart ideas

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
i have dealt with this. but my setup is probably different. i boughht a tank off summit racing for like 6$. but i dont think you will be able to put yours in the same location because your cai/intake.

its hard to see in this picture, but its at the bottom left, right next to the msd box.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea my cai would interfere, is there a minimum size volume wise that the tank should be do u know?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that's what I was thinking about doing, my stock tank has an outlet for pressure to escape but iv seen aluminum tanks that are completely sealed off, if I get an airtight tank should I just drill a hole on the top for pressure to get out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol right appreciate the help pal

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Alright**^

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
What about in between the fender and inner fender on the drivers side? I actually just have a bottle sitting there with the overflow tube running down into it. I need to get an actual overflow tank and mount it there

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
89 coupe said:
I put on a half moon tank on the drivers side of the radiator if you want better photos I'll post them tomorrow.
Yea I have the half moon too but with the dual fan and shroud it doesn't fit in between the driver side fan and battery

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

90mustangLX said:
What about in between the fender and inner fender on the drivers side? I actually just have a bottle sitting there with the overflow tube running down into it. I need to get an actual overflow tank and mount it there
Do you mean we're the cai goes just on the opposite side of the car?

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
BigTone said:
Yea I have the half moon too but with the dual fan and shroud it doesn't fit in between the driver side fan and battery

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Do you mean we're the cai goes just on the opposite side of the car?
no, down towards the ground almost right behind the front bumper. Should be an open space where you can see in between the inner and putter fender.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see what u did, my second fan is set further left then yours is though, so there Barley any space between the fan an the bat. In going to see if I can work something out tomorow, thanks for the help guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts