Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could i do to seal a coolant leak from the manifold which is cracked while I get a new one?

thnx

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
um...getting a new maniflolds about all i can think of...may wanna try some JB weld or something?? i don't know, others will chime in. Welcome to the site btw

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts

:wtf2:

Anyways, google is ur friend. JB Weld is something that reacts to create a weld-type of bond, usually between two metals. It basically creates a "weld" (which I'm assuming you know is) by mixing two chemicals and allowing them to cure.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
JB weld is an epoxy based adhesive. When you mix the 2 parts, a chemical reaction takes place and it'll form a tempory bond. This stuff is ok, not the greatest. Also you need to give it about 24 hours for it to fully cure. You can pick it up at just about any auto parts store. And where exactly is this crack? Do you have pics for us?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I've put jb weld on a radiator crack before..it couldn't handle the heat and ended up busting again in the same spot through the jb weld..just my 02cents and personal experience for ya

1 - 8 of 8 Posts