Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad n I just changed the brakes n for some reason when we test drove it around 10 to 20 mph it wobbles/shakes without touching the brakes
Wht could b the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
May be a dumb question, but did you make sure all the lug nuts were tightening properly? Also make sure the pins/bolts holding the calipers are there or tightened as well.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Ruthless said:
I would take it all back apart and spend some time re-evaluating the situation. Also if you want more replies you may want to spell out your words alot of guys myself included can't stand reading cell phone text language and won't reply. And one more question where does the corvette come in here? I thought this was a mustang forum...? Are the brakes on a mustang or vette?
No need to be rude about the vette question.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I barely used txt language and I don't really see y tht would make people not reply to a post
And I did post in the general car discussion because its not about a mustang its about my dads Corvette tht I help him work on

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

93slowstang said:
May be a dumb question, but did you make sure all the lug nuts were tightening properly? Also make sure the pins/bolts holding the calipers are there or tightened as well.
Did tht and its a little bit better but still pretty shaky

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And as far as your problem with your car!.. I say go back through it and retrace your steps!.. You might have missed some thing some where!..

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Thread cleaned up. Infractions will be issued to a select few people here next time. Please stay on topic and be respectful to other members. She posted in the correct place. We have a forum here for talking about cars that aren't Mustangs.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I would suggest jacking the car up and rotate each wheel. You might be able to see if one is not flush with the hub. Then try removing your lugs and tightening them in a star pattern.

·
Registered
472 Posts
primer2tone said:
I would suggest jacking the car up and rotate each wheel. You might be able to see if one is not flush with the hub. Then try removing your lugs and tightening them in a star pattern.
+100000000

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
primer2tone said:
Ok, thanks

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Thread cleaned up. Infractions will be issued to a select few people here next time. Please stay on topic and be respectful to other members. She posted in the correct place. We have a forum here for talking about cars that aren't Mustangs.
Brent, thanks for pointing that out, I've seen many people here, loose perpective of what the site is for, and they get caught up in their own mid life agenda. I have caught myself, quite a few times from responding to sarcastic comments from people to other people, and tell myself that "the people just do not understand how childish they sound Online". People should respect All people for their comments and questions. My wife, reminds me ALL the time, that not everyone knows all the stuff I know, she tells me that I have a habbit of thinking everybody does know as much. I had to think about that, and she is correct, so I stepped back and took longet looks at stuff.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Brent, thanks for pointing that out, I've seen many people here, loose perpective of what the site is for, and they get caught up in their own mid life agenda. I have caught myself, quite a few times from responding to sarcastic comments from people to other people, and tell myself that "the people just do not understand how childish they sound Online". People should respect All people for their comments and questions. My wife, reminds me ALL the time, that not everyone knows all the stuff I know, she tells me that I have a habbit of thinking everybody does know as much. I had to think about that, and she is correct, so I stepped back and took longet looks at stuff.

Good post...

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
:good:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts