Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know many people will be aggravated by the thought of me putting a honda civic 1.8L I-4 SOHC 16-Valve i-VTEC engine into a mustang, but hear me out. I have an opportunity to buy a mustang with a fried engine for fairly cheap and my friend who buys wrecked cars says he can get me a half price civic engine. So, i'm wondering how much total it would cost to install the civic engine including parts and labour. It would be from a 5-speed auto trans.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How are you going to do it? Make the Mustang front-wheel-drive? Or pay somebody to make up a one-off adapter to bolt a rear drive transmission to the engine? And wiring the Honda engine up to the Ford body? As Chandler Bing would say - "Can open... worms everywhere!"

EDIT: Well, Chevy-in-a-Mustang is pretty common, or maybe an older smallblock Ford, or an old straight six, but none of these would be emissions legal without a ton of work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You know the Honda civic is a front wheel drive and the trans is transversely mounted and the mustang is rear drive and it's transmission is in line? Get a Ford engine and don't worry about putting a Honda engine in the Mustang !?!?!? If you can do it, you're a mechanical Genius!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think there is such a thing as a bad question, but this one is really stupid. That is all I have to say about that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts