Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 buick regal ls with the 3.8 liter v6 with a k&n cold air intake on it dual borla exhaust and a jet performance chip. would that be enough to beat a stock mustang or would i need more? if more what would you suggest?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it will be close.

Your mods really don't do too much for you without a tune, but I believe your car is a bit lighter than his do to the fact he's a convertable.

If I were you I'd race from a roll. FWD is generally very difficult to launch right and you may find yourself trying to play catch up. However you also lose less through the drivetrain so roll races are an advantage for you.

Take it to the track though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Probably not.

First, your mods haven't made you gain as much power as you think they have.

Secondly, even the 240hp superchagerd Regal GS is over 1/2 slower than a Mustang V6 to 60mph.

Thirdly, in a drag race, fwd cars like yours aren't very good at putting the power down; the rwd Mustang does not have this problem.

The Mustang also has vastly superior brakes and handling and would leave your car for dead in a road race..

·
Registered
37 Posts
You will most likely win, I think your car has 195 hp and the mustang is rockin 210 hp but with those upgrades you should be able to win. The v6 mustangs are not that fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts