Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any good instructions on how to change antifreeze in the coyote V-8 engine in the mustang?

I know it's not rocket science draining it from the petcock... any tricks on getting it out of the engine block safely ? ..and back in without a air bubble?

I just hit 30,000... thats time for me.

Trans fluid comes next... (6 speed)

Thanks for the info in advance.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I pulled my lower hose off from the radiator. That got it out of the block. A very large pan to capture the stuff is needed, as I'm a pet lover, and do not want to see animals die from slurping the stuff. Dispose of it at a proper drop off location.

In filling, try to park with the nose of the car slightly elevated, as this helps get any air bubbles to travel to the top of the radiator. Pour the 50/50 solution into the radiator overflow container. It will then drain into the radiator top. When the overflow container reaches the full mark, leave the cap off, start the engine. After a few minutes the thermostat will open, and the antifreeze in the overflow will drop. Continue to top up the antifreeze in the overflow, until it stays stable between the fill/full marks. Install the cap and take it for a drive. When you get back, shut it down, let it cool off. Check the antifreeze coolant in the overflow for the next day or so to make sure it's between the fill and full marks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I know it's a dumb question but I rather not have any problems with air bubbles.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Honestly this is one I'd let a shop or dealer do. The "transfusion" machine they use is really the best way to do it while avoiding trapping air in the system. Plus you won't have to worry about disposing of the fluid.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly this is one I'd let a shop or dealer do. The "transfusion" machine they use is really the best way to do it while avoiding trapping air in the system. Plus you won't have to worry about disposing of the fluid.

I don't want to pay $200 for a anti-freeze change.. I also want to do the transmission fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts