Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a bummer, :mad: my upper intake manifold cracked at the seem today right after i put on the c & l plenum w/ 70 mm throttle body. :( i was cruising to see if i could feel the differnce with the new throttle and then i smelled that sweet smell of antifreeze. Is this common for these manifolds to crack like that right on the seem? What new one would anyone recommend to do or get? :cry:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what high performance intake would be best or were can i buy a pi intake asap

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
There are only a few high performance intakes that I know of that are available, and of course the Bullitt intake, either way you go you are looking at about 1500 plus to do it that way, I would try for a junk yard pi intake or just buy a new one, you can order one online or from Ford, they are a lot less than the alternatives. You need to be very careful that you put the bolts back into the same holes they came out of, that PI intake is made of plastic, and yes, if you put a bolt in there that is too long for the hole you put it into, you could split it open easily!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have been looking around and this is a pretty common problem for these plastic manifolds. anyway i bought the replacement shoud have it on tue. the aftermarket r just to much, how long of install and to what degree?? It looks pretty simple just got to take all of it off to get the new one in

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok does anyone have install directions for a intake manifold install, i got a new one coming on tue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
just get the Ford Mustang book that tells you how to tear apart the entire car from bumper to bumper. I believe it's called the Haynes repair manual. It goes for about $15-20. I know advance auto parts has them you probably can get one at any auto parts shop.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My buddy told me that they are goona come out with a new intake, where you can use your upgraded t. body & plenium.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u already can do that

·
Registered
517 Posts
How or What is it called?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts