Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,856 Posts
Why so much Jeep stuff? Admins you guys still need to fix this algorithm lol.

Also... Craftsman tools have been absolute trash for a lont time now. Save money and go with Harbor Freight stuff if you aren't going to drop the coin on Snap On.

·
Super Moderator
17,856 Posts
Its the same quality its been for years. Sears is going belly up because they've just sucked as a company for a long time now so they are selling off assets.

Lowe's Kobalt tools are actually not bad. Will be intersting to see if they kill off their Kobalt brand or just have Craftsman be a higher priced tool for suckers who still think that there is any quality difference.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do the Pittsburgh tools from Harbor Freight have a lifetime warranty on them like the Craftsman tools did, and I wonder if Craftsman still has the guarantee now that they are sold at Lowes? I would occasionally buy tools from both places, I would get a Craftsman from Sears if I used it all the time and thought I might break it, and would buy tools from Harbor Freight if I used them once in a blue-moon or wanted something inexpensive. Never thought Craftsman was the highest quality but with a lifetime warranty who cares; break it and get a new one. Not sure I would want to buy something like a torque wrench from Harbor Freight as I just don't trust the quality would be there but I have bought multiple sets of impact sockets and a couple of impact wrenches from them and they work fine.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Last time I broke a craftsman socket, sears refused to warranty it. Said I needed a receipt. For a 20 year old 3/4” socket.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Last time I broke a craftsman socket, sears refused to warranty it. Said I needed a receipt. For a 20 year old 3/4” socket.
That's strange.
It's been a couple of years, but the last time that I returned a broken tool, the local Sears Hometown store replaced it no questions asked.

If you still have the socket, take it to another store that sells Craftsman and try again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have not taken a tool back to Sears in years but last time I took back a Craftsman shovel that I broke the handle on when prying out a rock. Replaced it without a receipt or even a question about how I broke it. Perhaps when they started going under they got more picky about replacing things if you did not have a receipt. I think Lands End changed their guarinteed for life policy recenty when people started abusing it.

·
Super Moderator
17,856 Posts
Harbor Freight has lifetime on Pittsburgh tools. They kick ***.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts