Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal. Up here in ohio, the temperature has been a rollercoaster. And the last real cold spell we had i changed my battery and starter. Last week i also changed my plugs and wires. But tonight it was about 20-23°f, and would not start. Key on it read 11v, cranking, it read 9ish. It was cranking strong, just like it does normally, just would not fire. Even with a little ether sprayed on the air filter it wouldn't even sputter. A guy i work with in the shop suggested it could be the tps, and read a little suggesting the ctp could be the problem. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions or ideas would be great, thank you in advance

·
Registered
456 Posts
If it won't fire with ether, I would think it might be out of time, or your distributor may be cracked and have moisture in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, when it starts, it runs great. Its only when it gets really cold like this it gives me trouble.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
My 97 did that. I took it to she ford dealer. The thing was, I took it after it warmed up. There was no problem after it started and got warm. It was when it was cold and had sit all night. It would crank for an hour before it started. Still did that when I traded it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
sounds like a weak coil to me.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I had an aftermarket MSD ignition on mine. It got good fire. Just glad I don't have it to worry about now. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts