Premium Member
1,389 Posts
<~ wants a venom kit for his 3.9 overbore w/forged crank and internals

:p

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also before this thread falls into a rant about pricing like on 3.8mustang (believe me I understand). I would like for you to keep in mind these are complete motors.

This is not just a head, intake and cam package.

Also keep in mind that the kit that we have set our sites on as the main artery for us is the "Venom-SX".
http://www.extremeeffect.com/38Venomsx.html
That is our flagship motor.

Not the 9grand 4.2 motor. However we did want to make it available to those who did want that little something extra.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
will you buy our motors when we buy yours? and what kind of hp/tq is the bane 4.2 puttins out, and are they reliable? can i drive this thing every day to and from work?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
my friend matt says he can build me a 4.2 with everything you guys have listed on yours for just under 5 grand

we'll just wait and see

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm glad to see you guys finally got something out. What about the people who ordered stuff a couple years ago from John? Any decisions been made on that yet?

Andrew

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scorpion99 said:
I'm glad to see you guys finally got something out. What about the people who ordered stuff a couple years ago from John? Any decisions been made on that yet?

Andrew
Yes, in around 45-60 days the individual kits are comming out. We were having a hard time making the stock 3.8 hold up so we released complete engines that met our specs and could do what we wanted.

The kits will have to be toned down somewhat, still making more power than anything currently out there but just not as much unless your current motor is built up valvetrain etc.

The two gentlemen who ordered the previous kit will be notified or may have to contact us if I can't find thier number but they will be given a kit at no charge.

The 94-98 and the 99-04 will be released at the same time.

·
Registered
676 Posts
what is a core charge? does that mean i give you 500 or visa versa

and what are the HP ratings for all 4 i see the sx is be/w 200-250 rwhp but thats a pretty big difference.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
timpryor said:
what is a core charge? does that mean i give you 500 or visa versa

and what are the HP ratings for all 4 i see the sx is be/w 200-250 rwhp but thats a pretty big difference.
while there are 4 different motors, they are actually very similiar as far as performance goes, it is just more so a mater of how tough do you want your motor, forged internals and whatnot.

as I siad in the previous post, we will be releasing the individual kits within the next few weeks so you don't have to buy an entire motor, just the parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts