1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Replace it?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It looks as though the rails and the crossover hose are a "factory assembly", not intended to be repaired; however I do not have access to my shop manuals just now, I'll see what I can find in the morning.

If I had to do it I would get a length of f/I rated hose of the proper ID, cut the old one off and install the new hose using small size Ideal clamps. It's only 55 psi maximum working pressure, I have run as much as 135 psi using high-pressure f/I hose and Ideal clamps...

·
Registered
620 Posts
It looks as though the rails and the crossover hose are a "factory assembly", not intended to be repaired; however I do not have access to my shop manuals just now, I'll see what I can find in the morning.

If I had to do it I would get a length of f/I rated hose of the proper ID, cut the old one off and install the new hose using small size Ideal clamps. It's only 55 psi maximum working pressure, I have run as much as 135 psi using high-pressure f/I hose and Ideal clamps...
+1, I believe as long as you get the proper hose ID you shouldn't really even need clamps even though it might seal it better because of having a heat expansion.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I rigged something up, iv been watching it seems to be working good. If you can tell me in the morning what u find out id really appreciate that. I brought the hose to the auto part store and they gave me one that they said would work as of now it is.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
+1, I believe as long as you get the proper hose ID you shouldn't really even need clamps even though it might seal it better because of having a heat expansion.
Clamps will be necessary, at 55 psi (which the PCM commands when the fuel is hot), or even the normal 28 psi at idle, clamps will be needed--or there will be BIG problem...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Clamps will be necessary, at 55 psi (which the PCM commands when the fuel is hot), or even the normal 28 psi at idle, clamps will be needed--or there will be BIG problem...
Oh, see - I know nothing fails! Thanks cliffy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts