Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control and volume buttons are both flaking the paint off and it just looks terrible. They all still work but the looks are unacceptable to me. My car is out of warranty so getting them replaced at the dealer under warranty is not an option. I can order both sets for $114. My question is how do I go about removing them and replacing them? My car is a 2012.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's very easy. Just remove the steering wheel (there are videos online), then remove the trim on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, so... go on Amazon and order them. they're like $30/side
Thanks, I already know where to buy them. I was asking if anyone knew how to remove them. Another member responded so thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's very easy. Just remove the steering wheel (there are videos online), then remove the trim on the steering wheel.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I googled every which way I could word it and never got anything relevant to a newer model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You do not need to remove the steering wheel. get a plastic pry tool (think thickness of credit card) and slide it between the trim and the buttons on the outside of the wheel. It pops out, and you can unplug it from there. Let me see if I can find a video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts