Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, is it possible to take a stock 2008 mustang gt exhaust and put it onto a 2004 v6 with a y pipe? or are the pipes to wide? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
an exhaust shop could make it fit...but why the y pipe? if you have a gt catback even from a stock gt just have the shop cut off the y and divorce it if you don't wanna run a mid pipe

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ment an h pipe ha sorry. so it could work? I actually heard that if the pipes are too wide you could actually lose power and a tune would obviously be needed right?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the mufflers and tips are made together where on the pre 05 its not like that, not enough room~ I would avoid it.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i ment an h pipe ha sorry. so it could work? I actually heard that if the pipes are too wide you could actually lose power and a tune would obviously be needed right?
not the tubing size is 2.5" i believe on s197s so that's fine...as for the stock muffler positions thats an easy fix as well...again any muffler shop would find it easy to relocate the mufflers to a mid muffler setup. the over axle tubing is the important part.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha oh well this guy i know has the exact same mustang as you and he calls it sonic so i thought you were him lol

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I call my car slut, do u know me? :D jk lol

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so is it worth buying new mufflers for? Because it's my friend's old exhaust and he's willing to give it to me for free.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if it's for free then snatch it up...the exhaust shop can use the over axle tubing and mid pipe for sure...just buy some thrush welds or flow 40s and they will fab up the flow tubes...you'll save a lot

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1slosix said:
if it's for free then snatch it up...the exhaust shop can use the over axle tubing and mid pipe for sure...just buy some thrush welds or flow 40s and they will fab up the flow tubes...you'll save a lot
So I should just get some new mufflers huh?

·
Registered
660 Posts
When i had my v6 i had American Thunder mufflers on it with an H pipe and it sounded really good. I even had a couple of people who thought it was a gt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts