Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm woundering if anyone knows where I can send my chip and CU to to get flashed. I spoke to American muscle and they don't mail order any blown cars or 5.4 engine swapped mustangs either . I have a heavily modded 5.4 blown car and don't know what to do. Also live in ME and no one here does dyno tunes at all

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I would think the 5.4 would be a diffrent tune then a 4.6 ???

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
If you are already driving the car I suggest you find the closest dyno and plan a road trip. With a blower you are playing with fire with mail order tunes

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I'm woundering if anyone knows where I can send my chip and CU to to get flashed. I spoke to American muscle and they don't mail order any blown cars or 5.4 engine swapped mustangs either . I have a heavily modded 5.4 blown car and don't know what to do. Also live in ME and no one here does dyno tunes at all

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I would think the 5.4 would be a diffrent tune then a 4.6 ???
I am sure the 5.4 would be different because it is a larger cubic inch engine so it will require different fuel/air adjustments at least.

Research some handheld tuners.
Find the company who is most willing to work with you over the phone or through email.
AFM is very helpful with the PMS Tuner, so you might try - AFM SCT Tuner

Tune the car yourself with their help to at least get you a safe enough tune to be able to drive it to a dyno shop.
Otherwise you will likely damage the engine operating it untuned.

·
Registered
317 Posts
deadsp0t said:
If you are already driving the car I suggest you find the closest dyno and plan a road trip. With a blower you are playing with fire with mail order tunes
I have to agree with this 100%. You got the supercharger. Dont settle for anything less than a dyno tune. And a quality one at that... Road trip.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Or tow it somewhere so u dont damage it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I honestly wouldn't even do a road trip. I'd have it towed or hauled to the nearest dyno cause you never know what will happen on the trip

·
Registered
17 Posts
try tweecer.com thats how i tune my supercharged gt .Mike Glover is the man to talk to over there btw if you get the RT version you can look at all the values while the car is running it's pretty cool

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tweecer is a pain to use and no tuners want to use it if you decide to ever do a dyno tune. I have been through that already but as a program it is great. With somethin this complex it needs a dyno tine for sure. Mail tune wont be close and you dont want to even risk it. Hell i just blew up my 4.6 blown motor with a pretty safe tune so imagine what not having a decent tune will do

·
Registered
19 Posts
Protreeperformance.com. They are in NH but a good shop and about as close as you are going to get to ME. If there are any tech schools who do performance degrees or anything like that check with them. They almost always have a dyno.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all . I have lots in this and don't want to damage this one. The stock 4.6 pulled out had four cracked pistons all on the sane bank. I think that might have been cause by my last mail order tune but dunno for sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts