Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how much would a muffler shop charge me to fabricate some axleback straight pipes with 3.5in. chrome tips??

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Wmcgrattan said:
Well at my shop they would charge around 400-550
That's insane lol
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy them pre-made? Where I'm at you might be looking at $100 plus mufflers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
08Mustang said:
Yeah really I could buy name brand for way cheaper!
If ur talking all custom made x pipe an tail pipes that all have to be bent an welded in place an on top of that make custom hinges all from stainless steal .. It won't be cheap if someone tells u it can be done cheaper expect the work an quality to be cheaper ... do u buy cheap ass pipes to say u have duals i mean its ur car if ur going to invest in something like that u want name brand products cause u know what ur getting an it most likely has a warranty if u have someone do custom work an it looks a sounds like **** ur out a couple hundred bucks an a car that sounds horrible

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wmcgrattan said:
If ur talking all custom made x pipe an tail pipes that all have to be bent an welded in place an on top of that make custom hinges all from stainless steal .. It won't be cheap if someone tells u it can be done cheaper expect the work an quality to be cheaper ... do u buy cheap ass pipes to say u have duals i mean its ur car if ur going to invest in something like that u want name brand products cause u know what ur getting an it most likely has a warranty if u have someone do custom work an it looks a sounds like **** ur out a couple hundred bucks an a car that sounds horrible
I said tail pipes, as in from the axle back, not cat back

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'd get a estimate first an i haven't heard the muffler deletes on a v6 yet but I'd imagine it wouldn't be bad what do u have now ?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wmcgrattan said:
Oh lol my b I'd say 100$ at the most
I've looked at a couple YouTube vids of it with the pypes m80 mid mufflers and it sounds sick! Right now I've got pypes x-pipe and gt mufflers

·
Registered
488 Posts
08Mustang said:
I've looked at a couple YouTube vids of it with the pypes m80 mid mufflers and it sounds sick! Right now I've got pypes x-pipe and gt mufflers
That's the set up I'm looking at ! To me that's the best sounding system out for the v6

1 - 12 of 12 Posts