Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has cut their coil springs to lower their mustang?? If so, how much did you cut off? How much lower did it sit after they were cut??

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Ive cut about 7 99-04 model stangs. Both v6 and v8...i do 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back. Gives the drop almost a 1.5" drop and the rear close to 1.25" in drop. Leaves the car with a nice stance. Best tip i can give u is cut less to begin with since i dont know what kinda stang u have. Maybe just a single coil on all four corners for starters. You can always take away more if desired

Also cut with something like an angle grinder with a bi-metal or metal cutting wheel. Use lube to keep the spring from getting to hot. Never use a torch because remember too much heat can ruin a springs temper and spring rate. Pm me if you have questions.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I've got a 95 gt vert.....
i'd start with 1 coil all the way around...vert springs have a higher rate due to added weight so it'll be good to see how it settles with that before you go another 1/4 coil. you can always pull the ISOs out for another 1/4" drop in most cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts