Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of cutting 2 of my cats off because I want something that will make my car sound a little louder or meaner. Do think this would be a good idea or is it just gonna screw up my car really badly.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
it wont screw your car up bul will prolly make a dtc, and you can just get a mean sound like that by getting duel exhaust, welding in some flowmaster mufflers

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
wait you already have flows, sorry, well u can cut ur cats but you will need mil eliminators for the post catylitic converter 02 sensors, because it will give you a check engine light without the mil eliminators

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a place that will pass it

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Good luck getting someone to cut those off for you

If you can get them off you will see a Check engine light without MIL's or a Chip.

if your cutting two off might as well nix them all.

I would recommend just buying a off road h pipe. It bolts right up to the headers.

You will fail emmissions without cats however

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Brent said:
Good luck getting someone to cut those off for you

If you can get them off you will see a Check engine light without MIL's or a Chip.

if your cutting two off might as well nix them all.

I would recommend just buying a off road h pipe. It bolts right up to the headers.

You will fail emmissions without cats however
yes an h pipe will be a good idea.
bt like i said 96v6 you will need mils to get ridof the check engine light. go for it :thumbs2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
nah, it's cool. I'm laying off the modding for a while. :)

Besides, it's more fun to make fun of you and your inability to spell. :D
the q is right nxt to the w :p: :disgust:

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
232stang said:
it wont screw your car up bul will prolly make a dtc, and you can just get a mean sound like that by getting duel exhaust, welding in some flowmaster mufflers
Speaking of spelling:
:swordfigh = duel
Two exhaust pipes = dual

:D

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you are after just a louder deeper tone, why dont you just go with Turn Down, I have and its a deeper tone without hacking up your exhaust to death! Then you wont risk any codes and having to mess with all the stuff the others have mentioned!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KrazyPony said:
If you are after just a louder deeper tone, why dont you just go with Turn Down, I have and its a deeper tone without hacking up your exhaust to death! Then you wont risk any codes and having to mess with all the stuff the others have mentioned!
Well I already have it coming straight out of the muffler so I don't think putting a turndown on it would make it louder.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well I got it done and it sounds dang good IMO, I'll see if I can't get some soundclips for ya'll and you can tell me what you think. Oh yeah and my check enging light did not come on.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts