Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in lowering my car and I'm trying to avoid the 250 bucks that comes with it. A friend of mine told me I can take it to a shop to have my stock springs shortened in height by cutting them. I was wondering if this was at all possible, would I sacrifice performance or will it improve, how much should something like this cost, and would you guys recommend it or not?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford Racing, hmmm. What's a C-spring? How much will it lower it? Got a link to where I can find them online? I wanna here more opinions of people who've cut theirs or had someone they know cut their springs? Have any of you heard of that?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I remember hearing alot of ppl talking about cutting springs a year or two back. Don't know much about it. Maybe someone will get a break from Ivan and post sometime...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by: maybe someone will get a break from ivan and post sometime?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'll put it this way..I'm sitting here hoping I don't see a tree fall on my car...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:confused:
Why does everyone here put it in so many ways. Let the cat outta the bag and just spit it out. It's really hard to understand what you really mean when you're typing. Me being Mexican doesn't help...I don't understand the inside joke thing that you guys go on with. If you're gonna say something say it right!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
what inside joke there is a hurricane named ivan going on dont you watch the news. there is no inside joke your just one of the rare dumb mexicans. any ways pm ponycarman he has cut his springs ask him if he likes the ride. or you can just get some eighbachs like i did and have a very good spring and a 1.5 inch drop

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rare dumb Mexicans...calling us that on Mexican Independence Day. If I knew where you lived I'd go over and kick your ass. :fu2:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Orale...vale mas guey. So :feedback: greatly appreciated

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanna know if my shocks and struts would **** up if I cut my springs to be .75 - 1" lower.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ok. I cut my springs, I have a post about somewhere in this section.

Here's the link:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7381

How did it turn out is probably the relevant question. Well, I cut one coil from the front and 1 and a half coils from the rear. Next time I'd probably keep the front the same but cut only 3/4 of a coil from the rear. I occasionally bottom out in the rear now.

It dropped the car about 2" and made it level. I aligned it no problem and I did not need caster/camber plates.

It handles much better than before and I have no problems whatsoever with it. I have put probably 5000 miles on it since the drop.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
the ride is alot stiffer feeling in my 90 with the cut springs than in my 93 without the cut springs.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts