Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to order some new speakers for my doors tom. but i was thinking about it and since the speakers in the doors were starting to fall apart i was going to replace the two speakers in the back...The only problem is i cant figure out how to get to those speakers...Im pretty sure they are 6x8's but if someone can confirm that and tell me how to get to them. I heard 5x7's can fit too but? Also are they all two-way speakers and should i replace them with the same thing or get 3 or 4-way speakers? Last question...Am i going to have to rewire all the speakers?

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Aftermarket speakers dont work with the stock Mach 460 headunit, you need to change that too. Something with the ohms. Normal Speakers you buy are 2 or 4, the mach 460 are 6 or 8, i forget. So you can put it new speakers, but the blown stock speakers will sound better :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not dissing the system its just when i took the speakers out they looked like they were starting to desingrate (however you spell it) and one was blown so i decided to replace them... and also i have a sony xplod headunit

·
Banned
9,738 Posts
The only problem that I would see is how the speaker wiring is set up.

It may be wired to see a different ohm than you need it to.

Look into that before you buy the speakers.

If they are wired normal then yes it will work with your current set up

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
like when i took the speakers out of the doors they are like plugs that go into the speakers not like a pos and neg wires...

·
Banned
9,738 Posts
yea crutchfield sells a adapter for that or you can cut the plug off and splice the wires.

I am 95% sure that aftermarket speakers will work. I just dont want to come out and say yes and then for some weird change it doesnt you find me and beat me up :lol:

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
If you have an aftermarket Headunit, the new speakers will work, you need the adapter to bypass the mach 460 amps.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there an amp in the headunit or something? so i can remove those amps when i get the new speakers?

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
In your sony headunit there should be an amp, so when u get the adapter it will stop the stock Mach460 amps from being used so that the Sony internal amp will be used instead. The sony headunit will power the speakers.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
The Mach 460's sound really good for stock, but anything aftermarket will sound way better, since it isnt made of shitty paper cones.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.