Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to order some new speakers for my doors tom. but i was thinking about it and since the speakers in the doors were starting to fall apart i was going to replace the two speakers in the back...The only problem is i cant figure out how to get to those speakers...Im pretty sure they are 6x8's but if someone can confirm that and tell me how to get to them. I heard 5x7's can fit too but? Also are they all two-way speakers and should i replace them with the same thing or get 3 or 4-way speakers? Last question...Am i going to have to rewire all the speakers?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Mach 460 is the devil for Aftermarket parts. Never had to deal with it so cant help you there.

Yes 5x7 and 6x8 will work.

Not sure if you have to rewire though. Dont know how the Mach is hooked up

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Aftermarket speakers dont work with the stock Mach 460 headunit, you need to change that too. Something with the ohms. Normal Speakers you buy are 2 or 4, the mach 460 are 6 or 8, i forget. So you can put it new speakers, but the blown stock speakers will sound better :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not dissing the system its just when i took the speakers out they looked like they were starting to desingrate (however you spell it) and one was blown so i decided to replace them... and also i have a sony xplod headunit

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so blackgt since i have a different headunit will the new speakers work?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am trying to learn car audio but it is really confusing:confused:

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
The only problem that I would see is how the speaker wiring is set up.

It may be wired to see a different ohm than you need it to.

Look into that before you buy the speakers.

If they are wired normal then yes it will work with your current set up

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
like when i took the speakers out of the doors they are like plugs that go into the speakers not like a pos and neg wires...

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
yea crutchfield sells a adapter for that or you can cut the plug off and splice the wires.

I am 95% sure that aftermarket speakers will work. I just dont want to come out and say yes and then for some weird change it doesnt you find me and beat me up :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah cause im 6'5, 250, and bench about 300.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
If you have an aftermarket Headunit, the new speakers will work, you need the adapter to bypass the mach 460 amps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there an amp in the headunit or something? so i can remove those amps when i get the new speakers?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
In your sony headunit there should be an amp, so when u get the adapter it will stop the stock Mach460 amps from being used so that the Sony internal amp will be used instead. The sony headunit will power the speakers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will the speakers sound as good, worse, or better than the mach 460

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The Mach 460's sound really good for stock, but anything aftermarket will sound way better, since it isnt made of shitty paper cones.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts