Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an airaod cai and tuner. I had heard about cai creating a cool sound, but never imagined it would be.so bada$$!!!! Sounds similar to turbo whistling. I have some flowmaster exhaust and thought it sounded good untill now. It sounds so agressive I even felt bad stepping on the pedal late at night. Gotta install to believe. Not the same as in video. Guess mics dont pick up the sound

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sweet. I got a roush axle back and I'm not too sure if I wanted the airaod cai since its a daily driver... Does it give your exhaust a deeper tone? Notice any mpg increases?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
welcome to the club :D
I love that whistling sound, but it's diminished by my flowmaster super 10 series mufflers.
can't hear a thing :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dub9stang said:
Sweet. I got a roush axle back and I'm not too sure if I wanted the airaod cai since its a daily driver... Does it give your exhaust a deeper tone? Notice any mpg increases?
Youll hear the roar from intake to exhaust. Strongly recomend. Mine is a DD aswell

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pstang5 said:
Youll hear the roar from intake to exhaust. Strongly recomend. Mine is a DD aswell
Just ordered it lol too bad I missed the 50$ rebate from airaid by a few weeks :/ did use a 10$ promo code tho!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dub9stang said:
Just ordered it lol too bad I missed the 50$ rebate from airaid by a few weeks :/ did use a 10$ promo code tho!
Do 50 post amd they give.you6% off. I missed the rebate too

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I purchased my airaid cai around 2 months ago and took advantage of there 50.00 rebate. Its freaking awesome to hear that cai sucking in that air. It sounds like a Turbo winding up and whistling. It sounds freaking awesome. No idea if my HP or torque was increased but love the sound. A must have mod.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Now get a tuner and really have fun!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased my airaid cai around 2 months ago and took advantage of there 50.00 rebate. Its freaking awesome to hear that cai sucking in that air. It sounds like a Turbo winding up and whistling. It sounds freaking awesome. No idea if my HP or torque was increased but love the sound. A must have mod.
I just ordered the same two items! Can I get your opinion on how big of a difference the two made by the seat of the pants feel? Did you lose mpg during normal driving?

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
SALLUCCI said:
I just ordered the same two items! Can I get your opinion on how big of a difference the two made by the seat of the pants feel? Did you lose mpg during normal driving?
First, let me say congratulations to your order and trust me you will not be disappointed. You will love it. I have not lost any mpg's at all. All my driving with the car is highway and I'm getting around 30 miles to the gallon. the car is definitely more aggressive on its pick up, throttle response and throws you back more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First, let me say congratulations to your order and trust me you will not be disappointed. You will love it. I have not lost any mpg's at all. All my driving with the car is highway and I'm getting around 30 miles to the gallon. the car is definitely more aggressive on its pick up, throttle response and throws you back more.
Thanks for the fast response! You got Jacked up as my parts have arrived! Will be installing them this weekend! What program are you running and what rearend gear ratio are you running? I have the 2.73 hoping that the CAI and sct make a big difference to pull the taller gears!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
SALLUCCI said:
Thanks for the fast response! You got Jacked up as my parts have arrived! Will be installing them this weekend! What program are you running and what rearend gear ratio are you running? I have the 2.73 hoping that the CAI and sct make a big difference to pull the taller gears!
I have installed and tried all 3 of my tunes. Based upon my application of driving and my needs my favorite tune is the 91 performance. Being that I do not take my vehicle to the track my race tune is not needed for my driving habits. I also have the stock 2.73 gears which are in no way shape good for a sweet performance ride like ours. I will be installing 3.73 gears in the future. Since I'm looking for the maximum power around the 3000 rpm range the 91 performance is the tune for that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2011 Kona Blue said:
Yuup. I feel you bro. Thats the reason for this post. It sounds awesome. Better than i expected. Try the tuner too. It fades the whistle but will hear.like a beast specially with exhaust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts