Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I could bring myself to drive my mustang more, I am afraid to get it dirty. I need to get over it! Is anyone else like this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Are these kinds of threads needed?
+100

It's not a rare Bugatti, and even those get driven and get dirty from time to time.

Drive the dang thing and enjoy it, get it dirty, drive it like you stole it even... Don't put it on a pedestal and be afraid to get it dirty, that's just sad.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is it a shelby or other special limited edition? I wouldn't spend cash on a car I don't use. Getting her dirty is just an excuse to spend more time washing her on the weekend! More mustang time!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I spent a little over 4k on a beater so I didn't beat up the gt.

Don't feel bad if you treat your car right. Short drives with red lights are not good for the car, don't apologize for recognizing that. It may be a little much if you're just avoiding dirt though

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yea I really take care of mine as well... She's still in showroom condition, I wish I could drive it more... Got it in March 2011 and only got about 8,500 miles on it :-( not by choice really, I don't have time to take it out much... I work a lot

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I picked up my 13 GT on 7 November and it now has 5000 miles
Wow, that's a lot of fun :-o!! I actually put like 2,000 the 1st 2 weeks I got it... Took about a week off to enjoy my bday present to myself, then had to get back to reality and work hard to keep it and mod it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2000 the first 2 weeks? Where did you go? Lets discuss the tech connections to limited driving so everyone is pleased, lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yea I really take care of mine as well... She's still in showroom condition, I wish I could drive it more... Got it in March 2011 and only got about 8,500 miles on it :-( not by choice really, I don't have time to take it out much... I work a lot
I got my car in april 2011, and currently just popped over 14000. I feel like I don't drive her very much either since I don't really have a social life, just driving to work.

I feel like I am really going to rack of the miles for right now tho, as I drive 60 miles a day to and from work where it used to be like 10-12.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got mine in February with 12,400 miles on it. It's about to roll over 30k and haven't had a single problem beside the notchy shifting and engine ping that is pretty much gone.

·
Registered
517 Posts
6 months old and 3400 miles

On the tech side... I live 6 miles from work with just as many stop lights. It would be torture on the car to do this. 20 or 30 miles would be much better. Engine heats up (without long periods of idling which is not good), everything is lubricated and operating at proper temp. I am not even at normal temps by the time I get to work unless it is the summer. This is not to even get into highway vs city miles. I'd buy a car with 30k miles after a year from a guy in the country before I'd buy one with 20k from a guy in the city. She'll get her time, but this way (with a beater) I get to choose

1 - 20 of 42 Posts