Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Montreal and planning to pull the trigger and a fairly large purchase in February at Am. One of the items I'm looking at are roush axel backs. When I check my local exhaust laws it states that no part of the exhaust can be modified and the sound must not exceed the original oem mufflers.I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have similar laws where they live and have a loud exhaust system? And how often do you get stopped?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in Florida, down in the U.S, I am not sure about the sound laws such as the one you are having a problem with. I have the square tip roush exhaust and im telling you right now, it is VERY loud. With no other work done, people tell me they can here me from several miles away when I get on it pretty hard. It is obvious there is a change in the exhaust. If attention is what you don't want, I would recommend not getting these.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ib_squaredI said:
Here in Florida, down in the U.S, I am not sure about the sound laws such as the one you are having a problem with. I have the square tip roush exhaust and im telling you right now, it is VERY loud. With no other work done, people tell me they can here me from several miles away when I get on it pretty hard. It is obvious there is a change in the exhaust. If attention is what you don't want, I would recommend not getting these.
Have you had any problems with the police? I think Florida was one of the states that I check about exhaust laws and if I'm correct it was somewhat similar to mine up here. I love the sound of those roush axel backs! YouTube vids that I checked all seemed to be pretty loud after about 3k but how are they under normal driving conditions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
After I originally installed them, I had some serious issues with police. But that was always my fault. Theres some bad drone in 6th gear if you dont keep it above 2k but besides that its amazing. get it to about 2500 or 3k and when you shift you will always get a monstrous "backfire" sound as the rpms drop back down. it turns heads every time. it can be a bit raspy at some points but we got v6's, you already knew that was gonna happen. I love em and can't wait to do more to them. I highly recommend them if you can not gun it all day.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Roushs on you guys sixers sound sweet. I have the same laws but dude its not enforced at all, I have a cop as a neighbor and he loves the way my car sounds and I have mufflers with a similar design to the roushs(deletes)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mustang936 said:
Roushs on you guys sixers sound sweet. I have the same laws but dude its not enforced at all, I have a cop as a neighbor and he loves the way my car sounds and I have mufflers with a similar design to the roushs(deletes)
Well that's good to now, but some people say when you hit 3k they are louder than borla ataks.I pretty sure I will be able to keep it quiet enough to cruze around town.....maybe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not gonna pick sides but I'm promising you, the roush is without a doubt louder than Ataks. My friend has a 2010 GT and his Ataks sound like stock mufflers compared to mine. They sound good but aren't as loud as the reviews show.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ib_squaredI said:
I'm not gonna pick sides but I'm promising you, the roush is without a doubt louder than Ataks. My friend has a 2010 GT and his Ataks sound like stock mufflers compared to mine. They sound good but aren't as loud as the reviews show.
on my v6, I personally think they are louder then roush which my has.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I live in FL. I actualy have an Orlando zip code so you could say I live in the city. Rite now I don't have any mufflers on my mustang and don't get messed with. I am conscious of the police though and keep it down when I see them but so far, no issues... And yea, it's as stupidly loud as you think it is lol and I love it

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rebeltx said:
I live in FL. I actualy have an Orlando zip code so you could say I live in the city. Rite now I don't have any mufflers on my mustang and don't get messed with. I am conscious of the police though and keep it down when I see them but so far, no issues... And yea, it's as stupidly loud as you think it is lol and I love it
: ) I think I'm going to go for it! Thx

·
Registered
745 Posts
emery2483 said:
on my v6, I personally think they are louder then roush which my has.
the ATAKS are definitely louder, when you floor it and get in the higher rpms. I'm getting the borla headers to go along with my borla ATAK catback soon. I can't wait

·
Registered
367 Posts
m_tyler_r said:
the ATAKS are definitely louder, when you floor it and get in the higher rpms. I'm getting the borla headers to go along with my borla ATAK catback soon. I can't wait
how does the catback sound? I only have the axelback ATAKs

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ib_squaredI said:
I have the ataks and have yet to hear anything louder then me when i get in rpms ..

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

m_tyler_r said:
so amazing. I've had plenty of people say they thought it was a GT.
+10 same here..everyone thinks its a gt

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
If you are looking for a good sound and xtra power***

Magnaflow Street Axle backs work great

A nice deeper sound, Increase the power, and the best is (NO POLICE PROBLEMS) That is when driving around but when you floor it these mufflers really come alive and holler loud.

Not only do they perform well but they also have great looking tips with rolled edges and Magnaflow written on the sides. They are also much lighter then the stock mufflers. They are also stainless steel and very well made.

Ronnie

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ronnie948 said:
Magnaflow Street Axle backs work great

A nice deeper sound, Increase the power, and the best is (NO POLICE PROBLEMS) That is when driving around but when you floor it these mufflers really come alive and holler loud.

Not only do they perform well but they also have great looking tips with rolled edges and Magnaflow written on the sides. They are also much lighter then the stock mufflers. They are also stainless steel and very well made.

Ronnie
3.5 or 4" tips?

·
Registered
745 Posts
monkey13 said:
I have the ataks and have yet to hear anything louder then me when i get in rpms ..

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

+10 same here..everyone thinks its a gt
yeah I even had a 392 challenger race me because he thought it was a GT. he was surprised when it was a six haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the 4.5 inch square roush tips and have heard the Ataks, side by side I personally believe that mine was way louder. It's not like the Ataks were quiet, it's just mine were louder. Anyone who rides with me comments on how stupid loud the car gets. I'm sure any of the options stated in the forum are great choices. It just depends on what the op wants.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ib_squaredI said:
I use the 4.5 inch square roush tips and have heard the Ataks, side by side I personally believe that mine was way louder. It's not like the Ataks were quiet, it's just mine were louder. Anyone who rides with me comments on how stupid loud the car gets. I'm sure any of the options stated in the forum are great choices. It just depends on what the op wants.
+1 :headbang:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts