Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get some gas today at a Mobil by my place and saw $10 car wash with unDer body wash so I bought that and half way through it busted my right side mirror off! They said they might not be able to cover it but now I know not to ever go through those again. Anyone know how much the mirrors cost roughly? Thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
twotone01 said:
Went to get some gas today at a Mobil by my place and saw $10 car wash with unDer body wash so I bought that and half way through it busted my right side mirror off! They said they might not be able to cover it but now I know not to ever go through those again. Anyone know how much the mirrors cost roughly? Thanks
Tell me about I had similar experience never again car wash at a gas station but could find single mirror assembly at local car junk yard $ 80-100 could be different where you live

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Dang man all bad. I never take my car through there. We all learn out lessons. Might as well go for the 03-04 cobra ones

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
side mirrors for 99-04 are dirt cheap, look at a local junk yard (pull a part) and yank one.

YOU could upgrade to 03/04 cobra mirrors~ just your call.

Just remember NEVER go through those car washes

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpectorV said:
side mirrors for 99-04 are dirt cheap, look at a local junk yard (pull a part) and yank one.

YOU could upgrade to 03/04 cobra mirrors~ just your call.

Just remember NEVER go through those car washes
What are the difference between the two? Cobra and stock??

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
twotone01 said:
What are the difference between the two? Cobra and stock??
Cobra you can fold in and you get them painted to match your car. But they are pretty pricey AM sells them for like 300 for one. I bought mine off craigslist for 200.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Use touch free car washes i've used the one by my house every Friday for almost two years and i have never had a problem and if i feel like it didnt do a good enough job they'll give me another code for nothing and i'll go through again.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The housing for my mirror was broken when I got it. I went to the junkyard and got one for about 20 bucks. I connected it to my car and the motor for the mirror was a little hard to move so I took off the mirror, sprayed some WD-40 on it, cleaned it, and put it back on. It works great and looks better. Just careful taking off the mirror it's very fragile.

·
Registered
362 Posts
twotone01 said:
Amazon has stock ones for like $50

·
Registered
809 Posts
fresh2death said:
Cobra you can fold in and you get them painted to match your car. But they are pretty pricey AM sells them for like 300 for one. I bought mine off craigslist for 200.
Where do you get the cobra mirrors at am I can't find them could you post a link? Thanks

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Id have to be tied up and knocked out to let my cars paint see an automated car wash..even touch free ones arent allowed lol...high pressure water embeddimg dirt particals in my paint no thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
twotone01 said:
I busted mine off about a year ago but I found a replacement online somewhere for like 35 bucks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
twotone01 said:
U got comprehensive? I went trough one of those and it knocked some paint off and we got 2700 for repairs :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts