Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever thought about turning a clock out of 1970 mustang into a desk clock? How hard would it be? What kind of battery is required to run one? Sorry for all the questions but I know nothing about classic mustangs.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Has anyone ever thought about turning a clock out of 1970 mustang into a desk clock? How hard would it be? What kind of battery is required to run one? Sorry for all the questions but I know nothing about classic mustangs.
Looking around the web I see only two wires that feed it so it is pretty straight forward. You will need a 12 volt source ( batteries in series) to power it then figure out which is positive and which is negative wires. I would make a wooded stand to house it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sounds like you're gonna have a big battery pack. Could you convert an existing clock, battery or electric to work with the body and face of the Mustang clock? That clock will need 12 volts to run and probably eat up batteries.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I could get one cheap enough I probably could disassemble it and fit a standard clock mechanism to the back so that it will run off of AA

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I may try and find a dash clock and tinker.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Wonder how he got the 12 volts power. It would be cool to have it light up that old ford green.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You can get 12v power adapters from Radio Shack that plug into the wall, just clip the plug off and hard wire it to the clock, should be good.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aggiesrok said:
You can get 12v power adapters from Radio Shack that plug into the wall, just clip the plug off and hard wire it to the clock, should be good.
Awesome I'm going to have to find me a clock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts