Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So theres this kid here who did something like put his car on accessories then held in the reset button then started his car and where his digital miles on it changed and he could see his MPGs, digital speed, and all kinds of stuff. Anyone else know of this trick and can tell me if im doing it wrong cause i can never do it haha

·
Registered
540 Posts
Put key in ignition. Press and hold trip rest button and turn key to run. Keep holding trip reset until the gauges all peg out to the right then let off trip reset. This lets you into diagnostic mode and other cool stuff. You can still start car and the new mode will stay until car is turned off. Press trip reset again to go to next menu item on LCD

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Horseplay said:
very nice i didnt know we could check our mpg's niceee! im going to try this right now
No mpg... You can check engine codes and several other variables. I've used it to diagnose alternator issues by watching voltage numbers

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

jdavis96gt said:
Does it work for a 96? Or is my technology too old lol?
Nope, you need the digital odometer. It works on my 07 focus as well

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
No mpg... You can check engine codes and several other variables. I've used it to diagnose alternator issues by watching voltage numbers

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Nope, you need the digital odometer. It works on my 07 focus as well
**** ! is there a way i can see my mpg?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Horseplay said:
**** ! is there a way i can see my mpg?
Calculator?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
how do i calculate the mpg's?
Fill your car up, drive X amount of miles then fill it back up again. Divide your miles driven by the amount of gas used/the amount it took to fill it back up the 2nd time. Do this several times and you can average out your mileage pretty good.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Eturner said:
Fill your car up, drive X amount of miles then fill it back up again. Divide your miles driven by the amount of gas used/the amount it took to fill it back up the 2nd time. Do this several times and you can average out your mileage pretty good.
Yupp. I use www.fuelly.com to track and see trends. For best results use the same pump at the same time of day and don't top it off

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Mine wont ever say "test"
Then it is broken, or you are perhaps not performing the start-up ritual correctly--it is sort one of those "knacky" things to do, one where once you get the knack it's easy...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
cliffyk said:
Actually Ford says so--did you read the document?
No, i've used it to read codes before.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
No, i've used it to read codes before.
It displays "codes", however it does not display any but one Pxxxx (Powertrain) code. It displays only a sub-set of Bxxxx (Body) and Cxxxx (Chassis) trouble codes.

Had you read the document you would know that...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts