Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did more hand rubbing on corners, ridges and crevices.

Then my brother came down stairs and pulled out the buffer just to give me a tease, and buffed one side scoop and about half the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are asking what compound we are using it is a 3M product called perfect it. We will buff it with compound no.1 and then we will go back and polish it with compound no.2
I am just using a soft cloth with my hand and we will use a painters buffer and buffing pad, then change to the polishing pad to polish it. We have not polished anything yet only started buffing.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Day 21 of make over

Got the inner fenders under coated, and the trim that goes around the side and back of top primed. Also sanded the clear coat on the speedster covers. Drilled holes in side panels for the style bar to go through, and the ones to put the bolts through to bolt it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other thing on the buffer my brother is using. It is a Mikita and it is variable speed and that is a must for buffing paint. He also uses a wool pad to buff it with the No1 compound and a foam pad to polish it with the No2 polish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts