Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see there's a mix of two imprints from letters dealers placed on the usual spot next to the taillight. Any way to easily get it off? Scratch removal? Just wanted to ask bc I don't wanna damage the paint in any way

Attachments

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,248 Posts
That looks like the paint around the dealer badge has faded. I don't think anything will get that off.

That's the first thing I do when I buy a car, is take that stupid free advertisement off! My last truck I bought, I took the dealer license plate Frames off the day they put my license plates on. The salesman was like, really? I was like, yes really. Unless you're gonna pay me to advertise your business? Lol.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
WHITE COMPOUND

If you use the rubbing compound only do the "WHITE POLISHING STUFF" It should clean up just fine.

A Clay bar would also probably work to get that off.

Ronnie

·
Registered
313 Posts
My opinion is only based in the picture, but I would encourage having a professional detailed buff out the panel and car overall. You are going need to be careful not to induce any clear coat failure due to the impression and hazing on the panel. If you use a hand compound you are going to need to do the whole panel again based on the pic as well as the car overall.

Other option is to try Meg's 105 or better yet 205 and a DA polisher if available.

Good luck...and that dealer should be ashamed for placing these n the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My opinion is only based in the picture, but I would encourage having a professional detailed buff out the panel and car overall. You are going need to be careful not to induce any clear coat failure due to the impression and hazing on the panel. If you use a hand compound you are going to need to do the whole panel again based on the pic as well as the car overall.

Other option is to try Meg's 105 or better yet 205 and a DA polisher if available.

Good luck...and that dealer should be ashamed for placing these n the car.
You think Meg's 205 and polisher would work? These imprints annoy me every time I see my rear end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts