Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the dealer do anything to computer to help with a slight hesitation when taking off from dead stop ?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
When was the last Tune up on your car? What all was changed?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wish ford would offer a supercharger option. you would be seeing stripped GT's roll right off the truck brand new...... no ac, no radio, no backseat, no extra options, ...just a big supercharged V8, upgraded suspension package, the heavy duty Tremec 3650 5-speed geer box 2 seats and some paint! :lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can get the Ford Procal Tuner installed by the dealer. It will give you a 1 year warranty from FRPP but after that's over your factory warranty will be worthless most likely.

From everything i read the tune doesn't give much horsepower on the top. It does, however, greatly increase low end torque and automatic shift firmness. Because of these two reasons i'll probably get it when i have 1 year left on my warranty.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I wish ford would offer a supercharger option. you would be seeing stripped GT's roll right off the truck brand new...... no ac, no radio, no backseat, no extra options, ...just a big supercharged V8, upgraded suspension package, the heavy duty Tremec 3650 5-speed geer box 2 seats and some paint! :lol:
This is already offered: Cobra Jet :D

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can have the dealer check to see if there has been an update compared to the tune you have (if you can find a dealer that knows what they are actually doing.... good luck) and they can update it.

The hesitation right off from a stop is probably due to the drive by wire~ its probably not going to change.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ford programs a little lag into the drive by wire system. Other car makers do as well. Its so the pedal isn't too twitchy in reaction for the average driver. The Ford procal tool will take that out and crisp it up. Not sure if the SCT tool does.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
guzie said:
Ford programs a little lag into the drive by wire system. Other car makers do as well. Its so the pedal isn't too twitchy in reaction for the average driver. The Ford procal tool will take that out and crisp it up. Not sure if the SCT tool does.
Depends on the tuner, but generally, yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts