Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has decals and badges that we're put on by previous owner that I would like to take off, any advice guys? Ones a sticker on my windshield and the other r cobra badges

·
Registered
672 Posts
The windshield decal should easily come off with a razor blade and if it's being stubborn use a razor blade and a heat gun. I'm assuming the Cobra badges are stick ons so either use a heat gun and a plastic puddy spreader to pry it off or get a body molding removal kit from Harbor Freight for cheap and use a heat gun and they should come right off. Get some Goo Gone and a few micro-fiber towels and it should all come off no problem. I always found that putting some masking tape around the emblems while you are prying them off helps prevent any scratches. I've also used some rubbing compound to easily buff away any small scratches I've made during a bade removal.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

The Goo Gone and rags are to get any leftover glue off the paint BTW. Kind of forgot to mention that lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boomdizzle said:
The windshield decal should easily come off with a razor blade and if it's being stubborn use a razor blade and a heat gun. I'm assuming the Cobra badges are stick ons so either use a heat gun and a plastic puddy spreader to pry it off or get a body molding removal kit from Harbor Freight for cheap and use a heat gun and they should come right off. Get some Goo Gone and a few micro-fiber towels and it should all come off no problem. I always found that putting some masking tape around the emblems while you are prying them off helps prevent any scratches. I've also used some rubbing compound to easily buff away any small scratches I've made during a bade removal.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

The Goo Gone and rags are to get any leftover glue off the paint BTW. Kind of forgot to mention that lol
Awesome thanks for the help! Is it easy to ruin the paint?? I would rather the badge than an eyesore

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have found that a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" cleans up sticker residue or anything else for that matter. Cleans inside of wheels, engine, underneath piping, ect.. well

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's honestly pretty hard to ruin the paint, just make sure you use a microfiber towel to avoid scratches. Buffing compound also will clean up any small scratches or marks that may be left over. I've taken off my rear spoiler and replaced it with one that didn't cover all the same holes and you can't even tell now after using what I said above. I've also taken off fender badges the same way with the same results.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I would also make sure to wash all of the goo gone off afterwards. Not sure what that might do after a few hours on the paint. And obviously don't work on it in direct sunlight.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Awesome advice men!!! That's why I love this forum.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Do NOT let goo gone get on anything plastic like lights or trim had some run onto my taillight. Ruined the whole light had to replace it.. That stuff is no joke. It sure works on the "goo" tho!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts