Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to turn 18 soon and I'm planning on purchasing a better mustang. I've narrowed it down to two different mustangs. Either a 96-98 mustang cobra. Or a 2003-2004 Mach 1. Which would you rather and tell me why?
Here is roughly what they would look like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
daily driver - mach 1 (simple, its newer and will be in better shape and easier to find parts for vs older cars)

weekend/fun car I would look at getting the cobra but I would hunt down a nice clean one (bright atlantic blue gets my vote!)

If you are not willing to spend what a nice clean one requires save up some more, but no poitn in buying a super nice one if you are going to beat on it every day as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it would be a daily driver for the summer only, when it's nice. But i would drive it every day when it's nice. Realistically you say the Mach 1 is better for daily commute.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know how the power is? I know how much hp, but are they pretty fast? Because my v6 is brutally slow, so I want a mustang with some good pick up!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
A Mach can nail a high 13. I have always felt (despite what current cars can do) anything that can enter low 14s is plenty fast. Bolt on performance is also great :)

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
It will be a major upgrade from what looks like youre 96-98 v6. More torque, hp, top end basically everything. I had a v6 99 and upgraded to a 02 gt and thought I had good hp, now I'm in a 99 Cobra and it's way faster than the gt. ill prob later get a termi and know what real power is

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It will be a major upgrade from what looks like youre 96-98 v6. More torque, hp, top end basically everything. I had a v6 99 and upgraded to a 02 gt and thought I had good hp, now I'm in a 99 Cobra and it's way faster than the gt. ill prob later get a termi and know what real power is
Ha ya no kidding i wish i could afford a termi. well my dad has an automatic 2011 5.7l v8 hemi challenger, so it has roughly 375hp. But it's an automatic, how do you think the Mach 1's 305hp standard transmission compare to the challenger?

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Considering different values such as, tea mission type, weight etc..

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Before you buy, check with several insurance companies and find out the damage.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Honestly you will love the power and sound it gives you from the 4v. Insurance just went up like 10 bucks on mine when going from an 02 gt to 99 cobra

1 - 20 of 21 Posts