Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some quick help. I want a CAI and tuner for my 2013 GT. Right now I can get the package deal from Steeda with a 20% discount and save a good chunk of change but my decision is here... How is the Steeda tune vs. a BAMA tune? I usually get all my parts through AM but they dont have this combo on sale tight now.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
nitrous2v said:
I need some quick help. I want a CAI and tuner for my 2013 GT. Right now I can get the package deal from Steeda with a 20% discount and save a good chunk of change but my decision is here... How is the Steeda tune vs. a BAMA tune? I usually get all my parts through AM but they dont have this combo on sale tight now.
I don't think steeda does tunes for life so idk if that's a deal breaker for you

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Bama tunes are great and they have free tunes for life even if you don't buy the parts from them. That's a win.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am happy with my Steeda CAI and their tune so far, but have not used anyone else's tune to compare.

Steeda doesn't have like "Race" and "Performance" tunes, and their 93 and 91 octane tunes are essentially the same. The way they explained to me is that the 91 tune will add timing when you use 93 octane fuel.

So, I am not sure what they do different from Bama and the other tuners, but the tune seems to work well. I have had some rough idle issues ... I cleaned the MAF and checked all the CAI connections yesterday and did the idle re-learn ... seemed to help but I'll drive it more today.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
The Steeda CAI is second to none! I will say that their tunes are safe and yield more power than stock but when compared to others feel a little weak. Not trying to bash them in the least, just giving you my .02

From everything I hear the Bama hybrid tune is the bees knees

·
Registered
453 Posts
I really want to try the Bama tunes soon just for comparison sake. I will say that my car with the Steeda intake and tune will break the rears loose from a roll in second gear with 3.31 gears ... not sure if that's typical of a non-tuned car or not, but it seems pretty impressive to me. :good:

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
mmike87 said:
I really want to try the Bama tunes soon just for comparison sake. I will say that my car with the Steeda intake and tune will break the rears loose from a roll in second gear with 3.31 gears ... not sure if that's typical of a non-tuned car or not, but it seems pretty impressive to me. :good:
I just got their new Hybrid tune man and I'm LOVING my stang. I have no use for my street tune now. I'm on Hybrid or Race!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
nitrous2v,

We do have some Cyber Monday sales going on today for a bunch of different products, including Bama/CAI packages! Check out our JLT CAI/SF3 package that is only on sale today for Cyber Monday.

We've seen some of our biggest increases in performance with the JLT CAI's. I think you'll be very impressed with the overall power band increase your Mustang will have. Tons of forum members on here already have this setup and are more than happy with results to say the least!

Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can do!

Shane

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went with a Steeda CAI With the Bama 93 "Race" tune. I love the idea of tunes for life and although it isn't the same as a dyno tune it is satisfying and you can feel the difference. I also have the magnaflow competition cat back full exhaust system and I LOVE the sound. I vote for the Bama tune!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Charlie_santos said:
I just got their new Hybrid tune man and I'm LOVING my stang. I have no use for my street tune now. I'm on Hybrid or Race!
What do you mean by "hybrid"? Is that the 91 octane tune?

·
Registered
67 Posts
AMShaneLesky said:
nitrous2v,

We do have some Cyber Monday sales going on today for a bunch of different products, including Bama/CAI packages! Check out our JLT CAI/SF3 package that is only on sale today for Cyber Monday.

We've seen some of our biggest increases in performance with the JLT CAI's. I think you'll be very impressed with the overall power band increase your Mustang will have. Tons of forum members on here already have this setup and are more than happy with results to say the least!

Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can do!

Shane
Can some one tell me if you do the tune does it void the warranty? I have seen where you can put the OEM program back in and the warranty is still good but would like to know 100 percent. Because I only have 5k on her and really want the tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
13StangGT said:
Can some one tell me if you do the tune does it void the warranty? I have seen where you can put the OEM program back in and the warranty is still good but would like to know 100 percent. Because I only have 5k on her and really want the tune.
Yes, the tune is "legal". But here is the gray area. If your engine were to explode and you had a tune on it, Ford motor company would balk at paying out for a new engine. The problem is you would have to bring your witnesses that state it is a safe tune an they would bring theirs that state otherwise. It all comes down to money. That being said, I have a 2011 GT/CS that I have the tune on and I have brought it into the dealership several times for warranty work without them making a big deal. In fact, the pain of a tune is you often throw benign diagnostic codes (of which you can clear with your SCT tuner) and you HAVE to return it to stock before taking to the dealership (this is because if they have to update the car's computer it will cause the SCT Tuner to NOT be recognized an you will have to send it to SCT along with a $75 check begging for them to unlock it again-learned that from experience). In addition, if you have a CAI, you will have to reflash the tune when you get it back from the dealership otherwise you will run lean on your air to fuel ratio and mess up your car. Point is, you will be very happy with your tune and CAI but it isn't a "set and forget" scenario. You will have to be conscious of certain things to prevent the hassles of a dealership not wanting to accept a low reimbursement for warranty work or rape you on price for an out of pocket repair. In the end, it will always be about the money.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
2008crna said:
I went with a Steeda CAI With the Bama 93 "Race" tune. I love the idea of tunes for life and although it isn't the same as a dyno tune it is satisfying and you can feel the difference. I also have the magnaflow competition cat back full exhaust system and I LOVE the sound. I vote for the Bama tune!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

What do you mean by "hybrid"? Is that the 91 octane tune?
The hybrid tune is a combination of the low end grunt of the street tune combined with th high end scream of the race tune

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Voiding the warranty is completely up to how mod friendly your local Ford Dealer is. The best thing to do is talk to your Ford Dealer's Service Manager before you buy a tune, if you're worried about the warranty. At the very least, they'll give you a yes or no answer.

This is the best way to play it safe, IMO. I hope it helps!

Shane

·
Registered
67 Posts
AMShaneLesky said:
Voiding the warranty is completely up to how mod friendly your local Ford Dealer is. The best thing to do is talk to your Ford Dealer's Service Manager before you buy a tune, if you're worried about the warranty. At the very least, they'll give you a yes or no answer.

This is the best way to play it safe, IMO. I hope it helps!

Shane
Thanks I will talk to them. I feel pretty comfortable doing a mild tune for a cai and maybe a few other things but I am not taking it to a race tune.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
13StangGT said:
Thanks I will talk to them. I feel pretty comfortable doing a mild tune for a cai and maybe a few other things but I am not taking it to a race tune.
No mater which tune you choose it still voids the warranty

1 - 20 of 33 Posts