1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a new used car. I already drive an 01 v6 mustang and I'm giving that one to my sister. I now am looking at this mustang: http://m.autotrader.com/vdp.html?id=331683371

As well as this dodge ram: http://m.autotrader.com/vdp.html?id=343468677

I am stuck between the two. I'm moving to shepheardsville Kentucky in the fall or summer which is backwoods country where ill be living. What are your opinions?
The dodge.. It's almost at that point where a lot if stuff could need replaced. I don't think they are the most realible truck. I've had one and it was ALWAYS in the shop :/

The mustang looks nice and that's not a bad price. But you said you will be out in the country so... If you need a truck than you need a truck..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey dog bit where do you live. I have looked at that same gt before. I live jn troy ohio. It has been for sale for a very long time, take that how you want. But around here are TONS of options for gts and trucks, especially trucks. I have heard nothing good about older rams and with that many miles it sounds like a bad idea. They also get about 10 mpg if it has the 5.7 engine. My friend has one and when its not in the shop its sucking gas. Get a f150 before you go mopar.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Agreed dodges always have problems. And with that many miles it's gonna start getting bad. For the gt it's nice and good price. But don't settle so quick keep looking around until you find something perfect. If you need a truck then look at like ^ said f 150 or a dodge cummins depends on how much $ you can spend. Cummins will out last the body of the truck but they tend to have electrical problems. Nonetheless very dependable diesels. That's if you would like a diesel.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Yellow Hood

I have a dodge and a gt. my dodge has been great to me. The gt is 10x more fun to drive but the dodge is also fun. I had to replace the motor on the dodge because the oil pump broke and seized up the motor. The new motor cost me 8k and made me not like dodge too much anymore. I love them both but dodges have a lot of oil buildup in the motor. Tranny sucks too. Gt has problems too but I would go with the gt if it allows you to.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If you want a dodge with a new motor there is one for sale ;) 3 TVs in it and a cutout or exhaust. 70,000 miles on the body

·
Registered
204 Posts
Speaking of the windsor engine there was a 94 lightning for sale awhile ago in vandalia ohio i almost bought. It was in good shape. Not 4x4 tho if thats what your looking for. I had them at about 5500 price wise.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey dog bit where do you live. I have looked at that same gt before. I live jn troy ohio. It has been for sale for a very long time, take that how you want. But around here are TONS of options for gts and trucks, especially trucks. I have heard nothing good about older rams and with that many miles it sounds like a bad idea. They also get about 10 mpg if it has the 5.7 engine. My friend has one and when its not in the shop its sucking gas. Get a f150 before you go mopar.
I live in Cincinnati right now. I've been shopping around and i want a truck cause of the country setting ill be in and the work setting but at the same time my cousins I will be living with only drive trucks. So if I need one ill have one. I'm leaning towards the gt or even saving up a little bit for a down payment on a cobra I saw listed online at a dealer

1 - 20 of 26 Posts