Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2009 V6 but recently stumbled upon a 2000 GT for 7,000 with 30,000 miles. Hoping to get some input on this as to if i should take it or keep the 6er. Also any info about these earlier model GTs would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
It really depends what you want to do. The 05-14 body is a much better overall platform to start from than the 04-down cars and the interior is much nicer. Your 4.0 is not exactly a bad motor to mod if you just want to do minor bolt ons for some fun.

What are your goals for the car and what do you use it for? What sort of shape is yours in?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
A new edge gt with 30k, buy it now! Looks better and sounds better. I may be more than slightly biased....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
If his car is real low miles and mint and he is the only owner... I might stick with that one and do suspension/cosmetics in preparation for a Coyote swap down the road. An 05-09 done up right may be the best looking Mustang out of them all. Can say the same thing about the 99-04 cars too tho, it is close. The interior and chassis of his 09 is leaps ahead of the 2000 tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If his car is real low miles and mint and he is the only owner... I might stick with that one and do suspension/cosmetics in preparation for a Coyote swap down the road. An 05-09 done up right may be the best looking Mustang out of them all. Can say the same thing about the 99-04 cars too tho, it is close. The interior and chassis of his 09 is leaps ahead of the 2000 tho.

My car now is at 98,000 miles and is slowly starting to wear down from the interior to the actual engine but also as you said i find the s197 bodies more appealing for me. Right now all i have is a cold air intake and a muffler delete. I've still always wanted a GT but since i am 17 insurance is really high (i pay it myself) i feel that a GT this cheap with this many miles is a steal.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I am kinda biased my self....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

???

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
My car now is at 98,000 miles and is slowly starting to wear down from the interior to the actual engine but also as you said i find the s197 bodies more appealing for me. Right now all i have is a cold air intake and a muffler delete. I've still always wanted a GT but since i am 17 insurance is really high (i pay it myself) i feel that a GT this cheap with this many miles is a steal.

Get the GT for $7k then. Just be prepared for your insurance to see "GT" and bust out a big tube of KY.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Insurance is high lol. 180 bucks full coverage for my 04 GT and I'm 21.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
That's about what I paid on my 95 Cobra back in the day in DE. The 98GT I had was $20/mo for basic liability lol. The Steeda is $50 for full coverage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn i think the insurance cost is going to be the majority of my paycheck lol. Oh well maybe someday

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Lol yep that is why you call first. If your interior is meh, read this thread

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t361292/

Yours CANT be as bad as this one was and now it looks near new.

As for modding it for speed. The 4.0 is not really all that bad for someone who is 17 and its your first "sports car". Its not going to set the world on fire but its not exactly slow vs all the other stuff on the road. It can take the same suspension and appearance mods as the GT and done right the V6 exhaust sounds pretty good.

Two of the nicest 05-09 cars around here are V6s oddly enough. Owners really did a good job with the looks/wheels and did the dual exhaust conversion. If I had one, I'd go all out on the chassis/appearance/rearend/stereo and not touch the engine or trans in preparation to swap it down the line.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Def go for it. Huge upgrade, good miles and fair price.

He's 17 and he got an insurance quote for a Mustang GT...

:dance:

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
For an 04? Damn.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts