Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone on here have the magnetic decklid panel? Pretty sure that's the one I'm getting, but I just wanna hear people opinions between the magnetic one and other kinds.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
buy a can and spay a piece of scrap....4-5 good coats....let it dry and show her your receipt for $5-7 and then peel it off the scrap lol.

i've done all of my stangs in various ways

paint

vinyl

plastidip

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
buy a can and spay a piece of scrap....4-5 good coats....let it dry and show her your receipt for $5-7 and then peel it off the scrap lol.

i've done all of my stangs in various ways

paint

vinyl

plastidip
Eh, she'd beat my tail. Lol. I might just deal with getting the magentic one. My dad wants me to be able to take it off the car too, considering he doesn't want the paint to be messed with too much. So I'm guess my best deal will be a magnetic one.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
as long as you get it done in the end doesn't matter the material i guess lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as long as you get it done in the end doesn't matter the material i guess lol
That is true. Regardless I'm just ready to get it on my car. I need some sort of mod, and this is my first and probably the only mod I will be able to get for awhile.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
why don't you cut the antenna down a bit? if yours stock is anything like a 99-04 its about 32" long....i've cut mine down to 4" and still get great signal...but you could chop yours down to 8-9" and have a much cleaner look. all it takes is a hack saw and a few mins of your time. then just clean up the tip with either a rubber cap or just round it with a file

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why don't you cut the antenna down a bit? if yours stock is anything like a 99-04 its about 32" long....i've cut mine down to 4" and still get great signal...but you could chop yours down to 8-9" and have a much cleaner look. all it takes is a hack saw and a few mins of your time. then just clean up the tip with either a rubber cap or just round it with a file
I might later down the road, not entirely sure if my parents will even allow me to do that. So. Guess we will see. Lol.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i doubt they'd notice....but you will when you see how sleek it looks lol....or go to Advance and buy a universal shorty for $8. i had one on my GT...just trying to think of simple things you can do that won't get your chewed out in the long run.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i doubt they'd notice....but you will when you see how sleek it looks lol....or go to Advance and buy a universal shorty for $8. i had one on my GT...just trying to think of simple things you can do that won't get your chewed out in the long run.
True. I will certainly think about that. Thanks by the way!

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
How you're parents would say no to dip which is inexpensive and doesn't damage you're car in anyway.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol well just tough it out till you're legal..then you can have some fun
I am legal. :/ I'm 18. But the car isn't under my name and I don't have the money to pay insurance or anything, so they claim I have to go by their rules on the car. I understand that, but they're putting me on a tight leash here... I atleast wanna be able to do SOME things and it not be like biting rocks to do it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts