Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my door smacked pretty good in a parking lot. If I let the ins. co. fix it, it's going to cost me a 250 dollar deductable, and I doubt very seriously anyone can match laser red from 2001. (I'm positive they won't have the whole car painted) Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it looking better till I get the new body kit and paint later this year?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Take it to a bodyshop locally and they have things that should be able to pop that out, kinda like suction type thing you would use on glass!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have one of those on my passenger door. I just live with it.

They are gonna use that glass thing to pull it out and clean it up. Takes them less than an hour.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so not worth the 250 dollar deductable, huh? I haven't buffed down enoght to see if it made it to the primer yet.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you would be amazed how close they can get... they can paint you a door skin and just replace the outer shell of that one... it looks to far gone if the paint is scratched down to the metal that is....

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
did it take off your paint or is that just a mark from the other cars paint? if its just a mark, buff that ***** out and then have a body shop fix it using their paintless dent repair system.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if its not down to the metal or really bad scraped you can get the dentless people to smooth it out adn then you can buff it.... that may help but you will still see it.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
it looks like thats scuffed, not down into the paint, go to the yellow pages with PDR (paintless dent removal) then buff it out like 232 said tops $100

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
depending on how bad it is, it may never be good enough for you, but its worth a shot to see what they can do before you paint it....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks!! I'm going to get a body kit and full paint this year anyhow, so I'm not expecting perfection. It's just right there, every time I get in it I'll see it. I just want to not have it look SOO bad. I'm going to hit up the body shop tomorrow.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
yeah, that's definitely not worth telling the ins company over.

Doesn't look like it's down into the paint, I suggest you listen to everybody else. :)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
thanks!! I'm going to get a body kit and full paint this year anyhow, so I'm not expecting perfection. It's just right there, every time I get in it I'll see it. I just want to not have it look SOO bad. I'm going to hit up the body shop tomorrow.
Then in that case, don't even waste the money. :p:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good news. I took it to the body shop, and it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. Besides the dent, the rest was just paint off the other person's car, which came right off with rubbing compound. I can live with the dent till I get my body kit assembled.

No charge from the body shop, and all panic is hereby cancelled.

Thanks yall!!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
232stang01 said:
good news. I took it to the body shop, and it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. Besides the dent, the rest was just paint off the other person's car, which came right off with rubbing compound. I can live with the dent till I get my body kit assembled.

No charge from the body shop, and all panic is hereby cancelled.

Thanks yall!!

232stang said:
did it take off your paint or is that just a mark from the other cars paint? if its just a mark, buff that ***** out
damn im good

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WhiteStang99 said:
i think it looks awesome. that is until you break it in half on someone's driveway.

This picture better shows what I mean:
what springs does that car have on it? seems way low.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts