Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas, I am curious what you guys put on the black trim on the outside of your stang if anything? I am scared to put armor oil on it because I don't wanna haul around 10 lbs of dust with me everywhere I go. Anyway, any suggestions would be cool.

Also, I was wondering if anybody knew if we get a forum discount with AM? If so how do we go about that cause I am gonna be ordering the C/S special front valence in the next couple days. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi 5pointOh,

I use Armor All on all the black trim and dash etc. It puts a nice shine on all trim.

Your car sounds nice. Mine is a 2010 GT Premium Convertable with a few mods.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you get a lot of dust on the trim with the armor all? That's the only thing I was worried about I guess.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool..exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea I find that mothers back to black works best also if you have wax residue to use a old toothbrush and break it up a bit then apply the product it works much easier and definitely works the best

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mothers back to black. Rub it in real good to all the black trim... I put that stuff on at least once a week, especially in the summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Use any kind of finishing wax or glaze. Rub it on with a micro fiber towel and let it haze over then use a clean side of the same micro fiber towel to wipe it off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mothers back to black tends to run down the side of the vehicle if it rains. Either some 303 aerospace protectant or ultima tire and trim guard are your best bets for trim products. Great products IMO

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use turtle wax ice polish! U can polish ur car in the sun hot cold surface and even put it on black trim without turning it black, and let me tell u it makes ur black trim shine, highly recommend it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, there are a lot of great ideas here.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I love mothers back to black, but its water based I guess because it runs off fast with rain... a good oil or wax should work. Anyone tried turtle wax liquid wax? That should.work... Im going to try it on my shaker I think...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys ...owner of a 2004 stang convertible now in winter storage..she is in mint shape but I would like to start detailing in the spring. What should I use to detail the vinyl sailcloth top. Internet is full of items and suggestions, but I think you guys might be the pros and have the RIGHT answer...thx

·
Registered
181 Posts
303 aerospace also makes an awesome product for boat and convertible tops.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts