Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
i dont kno where to get the tunes but i want one of those. it is fun? so you have an auto and if so how can u change the shifts and all. u think its worth the 400?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its def worth it. a good chip is like 300 and then your done. with this u can change so much ****. And for an auto u can change all kinds of **** ie. shift points, shift firmness, etc. I just wish i didnt have to spring another 120 for them to do a custom tune for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are the Diablo tuner and the SCT tuner basically the same animal?If not,what are the differences?Can someone who is computer ignorant(me),do this without problems?

I'm suprised you need a custom tune,can't you dial in the changes with the tuner?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
get an sct tuner, diablo is very bad i have heard of good from them as well as many whos chiips dont work and then diablo refuses to work on them to make them work :( thus a loss of money.

·
Banned
321 Posts
Ghostbuster said:
Are the Diablo tuner and the SCT tuner basically the same animal?If not,what are the differences?Can someone who is computer ignorant(me),do this without problems?

I'm suprised you need a custom tune,can't you dial in the changes with the tuner?
I say do your own research and learn about these tuners, compare them and find out which one will suit YOUR needs better...
http://www.superchipscustom.com/
http://www.diablosport.com/main.php

·
Registered
69 Posts
the sct is better for me i am really happy with it. The only problem i see is i can't figure out how to upload the info on my desktop so i will just wait until i do my next mod and take my car and the tuner to him and he will do for FREE

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
How much are the SCT Extreme Flash Tuners? I can't seem to find the price. Also how were the gains? where they noticible?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i paid like 425 for the tune and 30 for the wire to port into the computer. But after pressing the pedal to the floor and lighting those tires up in that special way it was well worth it. It change so much as far as performance.
:D of course the 4.10 gears helped out a little. :good:
just call the shops in your in your town and they should tell u were to go. i had to go 90 miles because i live in a small town.

·
Registered
45 Posts
greenpony02 said:
How much are the SCT Extreme Flash Tuners? I can't seem to find the price. Also how were the gains? where they noticible?
You are in MI? I sent you a PM.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
steedav6builder said:
anyone in here know how to make custom tunes for the diablosport predator. Diablosport wants 120 and i jsut spent the 400 on the predator. It is sweet though.
Sell it and re-buy it from AmazonRacing.com. They do free custom tunes and updates when you buy the diablo from them. They email you the new tune, you DL it, and update the car.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The problem with Diablo is the very generic tuning they provide through the mail. The road to performance tuning is littered with unsatisified people who bought diablo tuned chips through the mail.

SCT on the otherhand has the most comprehensive database for just about every mod on any mustang on earth. Period The people who came together to develope SCT custom tuning brought with them there extensive database.

In the real world of Mustang tuning SCT is at the top everyone else is just a wannabe

I cant really say it much nicer than that. I deal in reality and truth

So you want to know who to contact for SCT tuning. here is a list below. These guys are all members on this site and most other mustang sites and are also advertisers
Alberto @ www.americanmotorsport.com
Justin @ www.velocitymustangperformance.com
Pete @ www.fordchip.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
Chips work fine for 99.9% of cars unless they have a bad chip port on the computer. In that case we trade our customers out for Microtuners. The Microtuner flashes the computer through the OBD2 diagnostic port.

When you order an SCT microtuner from one of their tuning dealers (like us) they can put up to 3 custom programs on it, that way you are not buying a one fits all product. If the customer wishes they can buy the PC to tuner cable and extreme software, this allows two things. The dealer can email the customer files and the customer can make small changes with the extreme program.

Email or call us if you are interested in an SCT chip or tuner. VMP guarantees that you will be happy with the SCT program and it will work flawlessly on your car, or your money back. :good:

·
Registered
529 Posts
a guy I work with sells superchips products, hopefully I can get a good deal :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
on the sct tuner i never was able to understand how i can get the program on my computer. The guy i bought it from and did my tuning said he would email the info and he sent me some stuff but i could not figure it out is there a program i need to purchase or can one be sent email???? so can i have a program downloaded to me since i got a new prochamber and other stuff

·
Registered
54 Posts
greg_g70 said:
on the sct tuner i never was able to understand how i can get the program on my computer. The guy i bought it from and did my tuning said he would email the info and he sent me some stuff but i could not figure it out is there a program i need to purchase or can one be sent email???? so can i have a program downloaded to me since i got a new prochamber and other stuff
What you need is the Microtuner to PC programming cable. This is different from the cable that connects the Microtuner to the under dash port. Did the guy give you one of these? That is the only way he would be able to email you files.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i got that, ones goes for the car port and one for the computer port. So what do i do just email the guy and tell him my new mods then open the email with the sct tuner pluged into the computer. don't i need the software from sct first???

·
Registered
69 Posts
i got that, ones goes for the car port and one for the computer port. So what do i do just email the guy and tell him my new mods then open the email with the sct tuner pluged into the computer? don't i need the software from sct first??? i don't know how to get it from my email to the sct tuner is my point in hand???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts