Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to oriellys used there scanner. It pulled a code that just said cylinder 8 which my guess is a misfire and then something about the SPOUT being grounded can anyone explain that thank you

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Went to oriellys used there scanner. It pulled a code that just said cylinder 8 which my guess is a misfire and then something about the SPOUT being grounded can anyone explain that thank you
From what I've been reading it seems to be a worn pip sensor in the distributor.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would the TPS be a factor because of the surging idle it has? And also when it's surging the volt gauge is erratic as well

·
Registered
861 Posts
Would the TPS be a factor because of the surging idle it has? And also when it's surging the volt gauge is erratic as well
Surging Idle could be vacuum leak (usually is) could be dirty MAF, bad ignition timing. Could be a lot of things... Really good sticky on it at the top! Lmk if you need help tracking all this down... I recently had to deal with the same thing

·
Registered
861 Posts
you can also have a short in your charging system since your volt gauge is erratic. this can domino effect into your ignition system.
True true, but if his Idle is dropping really low due to surging his alternator might not be outputting enough... just a thought, good call though

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
i would do the ignition systems tests previously mentioned. and to answer a earlier qustions. if you bought a cheap/china/autozone tyoe pip then yes it could go bad quickly. but as stated i would test it, not just replace it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts