Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From first to second my car shifts really hard and i cant seem to figure out what it could me ? Any help?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Do you have a custom tune? They could have the shift pressures too high if its that bad

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Auto or manual? I have that same problem with mine. If it is an auto, then I got bad news for you. Your tranny is on its way out. I took mine to a shop and they charge me around 1400 to rebuild or 1800 to put a used tranny in. Hopefully it's not that. Take it to a shop, they'll usually do a free diagnosis

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Auto or manual? I have that same problem with mine. If it is an auto, then I got bad news for you. Your tranny is on its way out. I took mine to a shop and they charge me around 1400 to rebuild or 1800 to put a used tranny in. Hopefully it's not that. Take it to a shop, they'll usually do a free diagnosis
Man :( why you got to tell me that !!! Its auto, screw my life and burn it haha

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have no idea what that is.... Can you explain?
It's a automated valve in the transmission that controls shift points... Def get it diagnosed! Get a real professional a shade tree mechanic will take you to the cleaners! Worth every penny. Take it from experience...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a automated valve in the transmission that controls shift points... Def get it diagnosed! Get a real professional a shade tree mechanic will take you to the cleaners! Worth every penny. Take it from experience...
Yeah, i know where to take it, my dads trucks tran messed up and rebuilt it there for 2000, i hate this ._.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah, i know where to take it, my dads trucks tran messed up and rebuilt it there for 2000, i hate this ._.
Sucks man, reason I switched to manual. cheaper to rebuild, more fun, and cheaper to option when new. Let us know how it goes... Sorry to hear again.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Yea, sucks. But almost always cheaper to fix.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sucks man, reason I switched to manual. cheaper to rebuild, more fun, and cheaper to option when new. Let us know how it goes... Sorry to hear again.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

I might as well change it to a Manuel while im add it

·
Registered
326 Posts
How much did you spend trying to sawp it ? How much is the computer?
Depends on the year. Probably trans, drive shaft, computer, misc. Parts. Cheaper if you do the labor. Probably about $5k rough estimate. Kills trade and anyone with a car fax. Do it for you. It's not about the money, if it is... Stay with auto. I don't want to be negative, but it's generally better to trade for a manual. I traded for a manual 13 on my 04 BMW. Never looked back. Love every minute. Do I miss my bimmer? Yes (don't hate, I love all cars). But then again, I have a sick stang. So I'm happy.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yeah if you plan on keeping the car take it to a reputable mechanic and get it diagnosed. Don't take my word for it, it might be something simple. That's why I got mine diagnosed so I'm selling both my stangs and upgrading to a GT

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Depends on the year. Probably trans, drive shaft, computer, misc. Parts. Cheaper if you do the labor. Probably about $5k rough estimate. Kills trade and anyone with a car fax. Do it for you. It's not about the money, if it is... Stay with auto. I don't want to be negative, but it's generally better to trade for a manual. I traded for a manual 13 on my 04 BMW. Never looked back. Love every minute. Do I miss my bimmer? Yes (don't hate, I love all cars). But then again, I have a sick stang. So I'm happy.
Thats what i was worried ab ._. Im 18 starting on my first car and i cant make that money in months, so i guess ill just have to stick with rebuilding it. I dont hate on BMW, i love all cars not just mustangs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Couldnt i

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Couldnt i use a v8 transmission on my car? Or it has to be a v6?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Turns out it wasnt my tran, my whole car vibrated and my tran and engine mounts were missing, not all but just three ._.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Turns out it wasnt my tran, my whole car vibrated and my tran and engine mounts were missing, not all but just three ._.
wow! How were they missing? Did you buy the car from a dealer? Great time to upgrade to silicone or racing mounts! I hope your car is smooth with the new mounts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts