Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any huge differences between the 2011 and the 2012 GT. like performance wise and handling, I know they did an update for the v6 this year and I was wondering of they did the same for the GT

·
Registered
702 Posts
DaLilSmurf said:
Is there any huge differences between the 2011 and the 2012 GT. like performance wise and handling, I know they did an update for the v6 this year and I was wondering of they did the same for the GT
The biggest difference is the 2012 gt comes with EPAS electronic power assist steering in three mode : comfort,normal, and sport. Vanity mirror lights also. Check out this sheet

image-2542214966.png

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Actually, yes he does. It's not just adjustable.

Other than that, the biggest change was the addition of the Boss 302 package as well as the addition of the Lava Red Metallic paint and matching interior.
I think he met it wasn't adjustable. Maybe not. They all have the electronic steering crap. BUT! some are not looking at removing it to save weight already. Plus manual rack and pinion.

·
Registered
716 Posts
So long sort short- no there's no difference but if you could get either or for the exact same price you might as well have the new steering wheel adjustment capability lol

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The biggest difference is the 2012 gt comes with EPAS electronic power assist steering in three mode : comfort,normal, and sport. Vanity mirror lights also. Check out this sheet

View attachment 33629
I love those vanity mirror lights a big improvement. j/k LMAO :lol:

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

So long sort short- no there's no difference but if you could get either or for the exact same price you might as well have the new steering wheel adjustment capability lol
Yep, but don't forget the mirrors. LOL

·
Registered
702 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
I think he met it wasn't adjustable. Maybe not. They all have the electronic steering crap. BUT! some are not looking at removing it to save weight already. Plus manual rack and pinion.
Yes meant adjustable. And I'm always joking there is no fun in always being strung tight!:)

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

avengnd said:
I love those vanity mirror lights a big improvement. j/k LMAO :lol:

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Yep, but don't forget the mirrors. LOL
Yeah what a improvement! Lol that's some funny s***!lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
Majority of Mustang owners are not Mech Heads and could give a **** less about performance. A mustang is for status and more the gadgets it has..... the better for poser bragging rights. Ford marketers are probably making a killing on all these creature comforts. That being said, go drive an M3....3 engine modes, 6 Tranny modes, 4 steering modes and 3 suspension modes all plus 1 when you push the magic "M" button on the steering wheel. All you had to do in that car is point it in the right direction...lol

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Majority of Mustang owners are not Mech Heads and could give a **** less about performance. A mustang is for status and more the gadgets it has..... the better for poser bragging rights. Ford marketers are probably making a killing on all these creature comforts. That being said, go drive an M3....3 engine modes, 6 Tranny modes, 4 steering modes and 3 suspension modes all plus 1 when you push the magic "M" button on the steering wheel. All you had to do in that car is point it in the right direction...lol
It should have that for the price. Yet it got out ran by a 5.0 at the drag strip. Where the mustang shines. Then it only used its high speedness to edge the mustang on a road course.

Then it gets killed by the Boss everywhere. Gets killed luxury wise and performance wise by a CTS-V. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
It should have that for the price. Yet it got out ran by a 5.0 at the drag strip. Where the mustang shines. Then it only used its high speedness to edge the mustang on a road course.

Then it gets killed by the Boss everywhere. Gets killed luxury wise and performance wise by a CTS-V. :)
I like how this guy thinks! I concur once again!:)

·
Registered
716 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
I'm gonna have to disagree... Mustangs started as the affordable sports car and still are, they actually lack gadgets/luxury compared to other vehicles and people buy them for the speed... The base Gt with 3.73s beats the m3 at everything and that's why people buy it... It definitely doesn't have the gadgets/luxury/status of the m3

1 - 20 of 57 Posts