Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
99 and 01 cobras had a forged crank.

the mach 1 is a "detuned" cobra engine. Although it is supposed to be very underratd so thedetuning thing is probably a myth.

SVT made the Mach 1, so Im sure that its the same engine. Why would they say theres a cobra engine in a car that isnt a cobra? :duh: think...

however, mach 1 > cobra due to the solid axle and 3.55 out back. (not 03 cobra just 99 and 01).

http://www.mach1registry.com/images/2004engine.jpg

looks like the block is aluminum to me(I might not know the difference tho)

so its the same thing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
audioqueso said:
I'm just gonna stick with my V6 as it is for now, no mod, and upgrade to a Cobra next Winter
The Cobra you need to upgrade to is an 03'! :headbang:

·
Registered
800 Posts
stangin99 said:
99 and 01 cobras had a forged crank.

the mach 1 is a "detuned" cobra engine. Although it is supposed to be very underratd so thedetuning thing is probably a myth.

SVT made the Mach 1, so Im sure that its the same engine. Why would they say theres a cobra engine in a car that isnt a cobra? :duh: think...

however, mach 1 > cobra due to the solid axle and 3.55 out back. (not 03 cobra just 99 and 01).

http://www.mach1registry.com/images/2004engine.jpg

looks like the block is aluminum to me(I might not know the difference tho)

so its the same thing.

I dont honestly believe SVT made the Mach1, otherwise they would have made such a stink about adding it to the SVT Family ( PARTY POOPERS)

And yes the new 04's come with the Aluminum Heads, the 03 was the first yr with plastic heads for the Mach1 ( :( )... dont know qwite why, but they did it this way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
KrazyPony,

I agree with choosing a Mach1 but they don't make them in convertibles. I wouldn't buy a coupe Mustang. Just not my style. I have a silver convertible right now.

Yeah, I know the 03 Cobras are bad ass, but I don't think I will be able to afford one by next year. I'm just thinking of getting an 99/01 convertible. I would be happy with that. I know the 03 is supercharged, but either way... a Cobra is niiiiccccee! Wouldn't you agree?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I read somewhere that it was a 98 Cobra engine, I don't know how true that is.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts