Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna see if anybody has a lot of info on these engines. My 98 is pushing 152k and im thinking about doing a swap to a pi engine

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well are you asking what's the part differences or what a pi swap would do to a non pi engine? honestly i don't know what gets swapped i've only helped a friend on the last part of his after the upper intake and plenum were installed (i basically just installed his chip and helped finish loose ends)...i know the basic premis is to see nice hp and tq gains due to a compression difference in the non pi motor. From what i can tell on his car it was worth the swap because when i had my '04 GT with minor bolt ons he'd leave me behind with just an exhaust and the swap done.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
a pi swap..you know new gaskets and solid parts are going into your motor...besides you'll have a nice bit more power over a standard pi motor

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i think it's close between a 20-30 hp difference over a standard pi motor if i recall the last guy online to do a swap.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm...what's the pi swap cost? I've got a guy with a manifold, cams, and heads for 550. Are there better deals out there? What else do I need?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mps has them 849+shipping for whole kit. Is this a difficult diy project? Should I just take it straight to my shop? And if so, what would that bill look like?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
first question do you have a way to tune it when you're done? it's good to think about all the little costs to make a pi swap work 100% like that

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I never needed a tune on a pi swap. Only tune uses for intake mild cams lts and so forth. Pi is just put it and done if ur gettin all the pi stuff stock

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here's wut done to my car and the results full p.i. Swap at 160,000 miles engine bore over 30 pi heads mild porting and plenum stock tb MAC c.a.i
Tremec tko 500 speed ford raceing alumnium drive shaft 3.73 gear runs on 91 octane sct 4 position chip with sct tune and dyno'd at 310 hp and 320 ft torque at the crank after parasidic loss 300 hp and 305/310 ft pounds to the rear wheels the p.i. Is worth it comes tax season I'm Putin in larger cams and bbk 78mm tb I've had no problems with the swap runs strong!!!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts