Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
What are the differences between a 4 Bank Eliminator chip and a tuner American Muscle.com??
The only difference is one is a Chip that plugs into the PCM and ones a hand held device that you plug into your OB2 port to tune your Mustang! They'll both deliver the same file, just in a different way. However, The handheld device does a few things that the chip cant. With the SCT SF3 you can check and clear CEL's, Datalog, Download tunes directly to the device and a few others! These processes can't be completed with the Chip.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only difference is one is a Chip that plugs into the PCM and ones a hand held device that you plug into your OB2 port to tune your Mustang! They'll both deliver the same file, just in a different way. However, The handheld device does a few things that the chip cant. With the SCT SF3 you can check and clear CEL's, Datalog, Download tunes directly to the device and a few others! These processes can't be completed with the Chip.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Helps a lot thanks Dan appreciate it!!

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Helps a lot thanks Dan appreciate it!!
Off topic here but I sent u a PM for a discount code
No worries! I'm glad I was able to clear things up for you. I've just PM'd you back with the discount code included!

Enjoy the discount and let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!

-Dan

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
stick with a hand held tuner, dont go with a chip plus you really have no need to swap tunes around like that anyway. At least with a hand held you have resale value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts