Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock 17 in. bullitts on my gt right now and i wanna get deep dish on the back. Besides the cost of tires are there any downsides or issues with having 18 in wheels on the back and 17 in on the front?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nope just a sick look. I got a buddy with 17/18 it looks wicked.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If the tire diameters are not close to the same, within 2-3% (1/2 to 5/8") the ABS module may get upset and throw a DTC...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Imo with muscle cars you should have smaller wheels with high sidewall tires on the back so like 17s on the front and 15s on the back look totally sweet

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Zeek said:
Imo with muscle cars you should have smaller wheels with high sidewall tires on the back so like 17s on the front and 15s on the back look totally sweet
+100 that's exactly what I'm thinkin about doin to mine

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Zeek said:
Dont they have a relocation bracket so you can run 10" wide?
Yes they do but if you read my previous post I said I'm not going to cut my car. In order to install that bracket you have to cut like 2-3 inches of metal (the original bracket) off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes they do but if you read my previous post I said I'm not going to cut my car. In order to install that bracket you have to cut like 2-3 inches of metal (the original bracket) off.
Oh i thought your just unbolted that OEM bracket and installed the new one.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Zeek said:
Oh i thought your just unbolted that OEM bracket and installed the new one.
Yea I figured you didn't that's why I clarified it :p and for anyone else that didn't know. I looked into it I just can't take a grinder to my car just for some smaller tires lol. If I was racing it I would but I'm not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts