Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i order the ford racing LSD for my v6, will the motive 3.73s fit right in or would i have to go with the ford racing 3.73s? thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
They should be fine if they are for a 7.5"
I'm guessing there is a price diff in the gears?
Pay the extra $$ and get the Ford Racing gears.. Don't cheap out.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They should be fine if they are for a 7.5"
I'm guessing there is a price diff in the gears?
Pay the extra $$ and get the Ford Racing gears.. Don't cheap out.
its $10, thats nothing. but the motives have more reviews than the ford racing gears on AM. so i am a little iffy on purchasing something that doesn't have that many reviews. Also what is your opinion on 3.73s vs. 4.10s is one better than the other for city driving? I also have an auto btw.

·
Registered
434 Posts
4.10s with the LSD the ford racing gears are amazing... Also the ford t-lok LSD is sold out everywhere and discontinued... Only lsd for our car is the auburn and that's what I got and it's amazing

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
its $10, thats nothing. but the motives have more reviews than the ford racing gears on AM. so i am a little iffy on purchasing something that doesn't have that many reviews. Also what is your opinion on 3.73s vs. 4.10s is one better than the other for city driving? I also have an auto btw.
Like stated above the Auburn is your only option now. The Ford diff is discontinued.

Honestly the Ford gears do not need reviews on anyone's site, anyone in the know will tell you there is no substitute for the FRP gears. They are far and away the best. I would be willing to bet an AM rep here or on the phone would tell you both are good gears but the Ford gears are the best, and at a $10 difference they have essentially nothing to gain by steering you toward the more expensive part. Give them a call or pm The rep here, I'd be interested to hear their take in it. :good:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4.10s with the LSD the ford racing gears are amazing... Also the ford t-lok LSD is sold out everywhere and discontinued... Only lsd for our car is the auburn and that's what I got and it's amazing
seriously? i found one online and it says its still available. How much did install run you?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Like stated above the Auburn is your only option now. The Ford diff is discontinued.

Honestly the Ford gears do not need reviews on anyone's site, anyone in the know will tell you there is no substitute for the FRP gears. They are far and away the best. I would be willing to bet an AM rep here or on the phone would tell you both are good gears but the Ford gears are the best, and at a $10 difference they have essentially nothing to gain by steering you toward the more expensive part. Give them a call or pm The rep here, I'd be interested to hear their take in it. :good:
thanks for the help! i hate to be a cheapy but being in high school it's a little hard to afford the auburn lsd :( I hope i can still find one.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
seriously? i found one online and it says its still available. How much did install run you?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

thanks for the help! i hate to be a cheapy but being in high school it's a little hard to afford the auburn lsd :( I hope i can still find one.
If you can get the Ford Diff new somewhere grab it up. When I said don't cheap out I was referring to the gear set.

·
Registered
434 Posts
All the places I called were sold out of the ford one even with it listed on their website and the only reason I did the LSD too was because install was the same price for both. I paid 400 plus 40
For gear oil... Also if you get the gears you have to get the 7.5 bearings installation kit which is another 80 I think

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Motive gears are fine.. No whine from any gears when installed correctly by a professional, you can save or spend the extra $10 either way no problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts