Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
No the dipstick tube just pushes in and is held in place by a Header stud that the tube bracket slides onto and a nut holds in place

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Did the attach point break off and is still attached to the motor or was it not attached. Is the flange still on the dipstick to install it to a header stud????

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are pics of it i had just taken, Is it broken? I have a spare block in my garage and it doesnt fit. The flange at the end of the dipstick tube is too large to fit the opening that i believe the dipstick goes into. Thinking maybe it snapped and left part of that tube in the block.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Damn dude I not sure that your tube had the bracket welded to it like mine. I am not sure what type of tube is on a 95. The tube itself looks fine the necked down portion is there so I dont think any of the tube is broke off in the block. You should be able to by slowly twisting the tube with downward force get the tube back in there

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
So you go over to V6 power HUMMM!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: Well it might be but there is a long portion neck down tube that is on the tube and not broke. all of the neck down should go into the block. thing is i can believe the tube does not have a bracket attached to it to hold it in place

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Look at the header bolts the center 2 header pipes do either one have a stud instead of a bolt down there. The stud is where the bracket would attach. If not can you stick the tube back in the block and make it stay there and not wiggle around. Personally If it is broke off in the hole I would not try and fish it out now. Are you not going to be modding another engine. I would get some JB weld and make a batch up and apply it on the tubes out diameter 1 in above the end so as to not get any in the oil and shove it back in the hole and let it dry

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
[No message]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts