Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how exactly efficient is direct injection and what are the benefits I'd see from it? I'm referring to if it was in the 3.7L and what would be the benefits?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
DI provide direct atomization of the fuel where it's needed. This fuel being spray directly into the combustion chamber also cools it. These two work together to create more power. The fuel provides more efficient ignition and because the chamber is cooler, you can advance timing to get even more power from the same fuel before pre-detonation occurs.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DI provide direct atomization of the fuel where it's needed. This fuel being spray directly into the combustion chamber also cools it. These two work together to create more power. The fuel provides more efficient ignition and because the chamber is cooler, you can advance timing to get even more power from the same fuel before pre-detonation occurs.
Anyway you can add direct injection? It's looking like the 15's will get it most likely and wondering if it's really that great?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It makes it harder to swap injectors for special builds because not many DI injectors are available. There is no way to add it without drastically modifying the heads or just head swapping. There has to be another hole in the head for the injector to protrude into the combustion chamber. I think they're said to be worth 30-40hp extra.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So is Sanguin's comment wrong? What I don't want to do is buy a 13 V6 and find out that 2015's are going to kick my butt and get significantly better MPG's, otherwise I'll be kicking my own butt. This is the time to get some crazy deals on 13's though.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I don't even like how the 15s look. The 13s stock get 25ish average I don't see how it can be much better
How do you know what the

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I don't even like how the 15s look. The 13s stock get 25ish average I don't see how it can be much better
How do you know what the 2015 looks like? Ford hasn't released any pictures and has said that the photoshop pictures aren't correct.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts