Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I moved my car out of the garage last weekend (2nd and 3rd) to work on a Nissan XTerra (piece of junk). It sat out side all week and across the weekend. It got snowed on and now it is getting rained on. To make a long story short the Nissan is done and out of my garage now I have to clean the floor from all the leaks it had. I am trying to push the season and start driving it this week but it is dirty. I washed it in Jan and dried it with regular bath towels and they did all right. I used to use a shammy to dry my trucks but they are in bad shape now and they left white water spots . What is the best way to dry it in cool weather 45 or so degrees and not get the water spots? With this Deep Impact Blue I am going to have to figure this out soon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Get some microfiber towels that are like 30% cotton and 70% polyester. Also if you are doing it in the sun the water will dry quick and leave some spots. But with the microfiber towels you shouldn't have a problem with spots.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Do NOT use a Gas powered blower (JUST DON"T)

A good electric powered lief blower does an excellent job and the air that comes out of it is clean and dry.
A gas powered lief blower can have a slight mist of Oil and crap come out and get all over the nice just washed car. Do NOT used a gas powered blower.

I use a two speed electric blower that the high speed is supposed to be 250MPH and it works perfect. I discovered this method about 40 years ago on my Harley Davidson motorcycles. I have been using my blower on all of my vehicles since.

Ronnie

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the reply's. It is snowing again so the car is stuck in the garage so much for pushing the season. I will have to get an electric leaf blower for this job. When it gets warmer out I will be washing and waxing it and figuring out how to just plain keep it looking good while using it as a DD for the summer.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
spring cleaning isnt that bad, good way to get the car 100% clean and ready, leaf blowers help but they wont fully dry the car, I would recommend some good super soft 100% cotton towels to final dry (not cheap ones, the ones you buy for home use and ones without embroidery etc just a normal towel with no crap on them)

Thankfully I keep mine dry and never have to wash with soap/water (aka no water spots ever!) lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts