Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 2013 GT? The white led's look cool, but I wanna control the fog lights separately. Any ideas?

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Raf63 said:
Anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 2013 GT? The white led's look cool, but I wanna control the fog lights separately. Any ideas?
The fogs are already controlled separately. What do you mean?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not sure if pulling the parking brake handle up to the first click works or not, but LS1 cars used to do that sometimes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikeyt03 said:
The fogs are already controlled separately. What do you mean?
Canadian 'stangs have valence fog lights (like on the CS) instead of in the grille like US GT's. The fogs are used as daytime running lights in conjunction with the horizontal led's by the headlights; they can only be turned off manually when I have my headlights on.

I suppose I can simply disconnect the fog lights from the factory harness and hook them up to a new relay and a new switch...

Yes pulling up the parking brake does turn the dtr's off, but I don't like the idea of driving with the parking brake maybe partially engaged.

I tried looking if perhaps there was a separate fuse for the dtr circuit, but I couldn't find anything...

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Raf63 said:
Canadian 'stangs have valence fog lights (like on the CS) instead of in the grille like US GT's. The fogs are used as daytime running lights in conjunction with the horizontal led's by the headlights; they can only be turned off manually when I have my headlights on.

I suppose I can simply disconnect the fog lights from the factory harness and hook them up to a new relay and a new switch...

Yes pulling up the parking brake does turn the dtr's off, but I don't like the idea of driving with the parking brake maybe partially engaged.

I tried looking if perhaps there was a separate fuse for the dtr circuit, but I couldn't find anything...
Oooo I see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts