Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
How many pistons are you looking for? A Cobra brake swap is great for the price. That's what I ended up going with. Here's a before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many pistons are you looking for? A Cobra brake swap is great for the price. That's what I ended up going with. Here's a before and after.
4 piston, i got 18's on it and was looking at a 14" rotor maybe

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
4 piston, i got 18's on it and was looking at a 14" rotor maybe
Bare, Brembo, SSBC, and Wilwood all make 4 piston kits but they're expensive. A 14" rotor is massive. Why do you want a big brake kit?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bare, Brembo, SSBC, and Wilwood all make 4 piston kits but they're expensive. A 14" rotor is massive. Why do you want a big brake kit?
yeah i know they are thats why i wanted to piece a kit together.

For one mines are sucky, Two i want some good stoping power and i want it to look good on the tsw's i have

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
yeah i know they are thats why i wanted to piece a kit together.

For one mines are sucky, Two i want some good stoping power and i want it to look good on the tsw's i have
Do you track your car a lot? when I was looking for my Cobras I found a new Brembo kit for $800 on Ebay but that's the cheapest I've seen. Maybe look for brakes off of an Evo or STI and then look for the correct mounting bracket.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you track your car a lot? when I was looking for my Cobras I found a new Brembo kit for $800 on Ebay but that's the cheapest I've seen. Maybe look for brakes off of an Evo or STI and then look for the correct mounting bracket.
they sell brackets alone? if so them i know where to get a good set for the low low

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Doesn't have to be off a cobra..

Mach 1 have brembos as well
And if I'm not mistaken so do the bullits
Just FYI if you find some

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
I bought mine for $400 off Ebay with used pads and rotors. LR sells a kit with new pads, rotors, and as brake line for $700 if I remember right. The Bullitt and Mach 1 brakes are the same as Cobras, they just don't have the badge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts